Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chaparralgirl

Cactus Shades are BACK!

chaparralgirl
11 years ago

Back by popular demand - or, really, Rosemarie texting me to remind me that I need to pass them on to the next person - it's the traveling Cactus Shades!

Since I've been holding on to them for a while, and I see some new usernames here, I'll go over the premise of the game real quick:

- Rosemarie's cactus-shaped sunglasses were a big hit, both at this year's San Diego Cactus & Succulent Show and here on the forum. So she decided to send them on a journey around the world (or country, or state, as it's been so far).

- She sent them to Hanzrobo, who took a picture of himself wearing them and posted it here on the forum. Then he sent them to me. I've also taken a picture of myself wearing them:

{{gwi:512675}}

- Now it's time for me to send them on their way to the next person.

- If you want to be part of the journey, PM me with your name and mailing address, and I'll get them right out in the mail to you. (And, btw, right now I don't have anyone to send them to. So, who's calling shotgun?)

*CG*

Comments (10)

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Sent you a pm :)

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Good to see you back, Jessica!! And good to SEE you...with the traveling shades! Who is your sidekick? Is this the one you are fostering? And the beautiful view...is it the Sonoran Desert (I assume)?

See link below to the original thread, with a few who have shown interest in being next on the list!

Here is a link that might be useful: Have Cactus Shades, Will Travel!

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ALL!

So, I oopsied. I was supposed to post to the original thread. My bad. Thank you, Rosemarie, for setting that straight. :)

SO, that being said, I'm going to post my mug shot over on the other thread, and encourage everyone who wants to participate to follow me on over there. Here we go...!

*CG*

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

Good to see you Jessica! I took a hiatus myself. Nice pup. I wish there was a second pic where the dog was wearing them.

• aseedisapromise
    11 years ago

Yes, but dogs don't get along with cacti so well, at least mine seemed to blunder into the cholla periodically when we lived in Tempe AZ. We had to take a comb camping just to get the cholla out of the paws.

• 123Greta
    11 years ago

So this is an old post, but are the cactus shades still going around?!

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

This was a secondary (or even 3rd) post about the cactus shades. We were trying to keep all on the same thread. In any case, the passing of them halted. I believe the box may have been confiscated (if that's the correct term) when some plant material was sent with the shades across a country border. I have another pair of shades & will have them hit the road after the new year. There are a few on the receiving list (on the other thread). I'll figure who is next & post on that thread when I'm ready. It's a shame we lost the little notebook that traveled with the shades, telling where they had been & who they had visited! :/ If you'd like to receive them, you can add your name to that thread.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

RoRo,

The box, if you're talking about the one to me from Josh, never got out of the States. If you mail them to me, mail them via my PM'd address - just let me know.

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

That's the one I was thinking of, Jeff. Of course, don't know what happened to it, only that it never got to you. You will be the next recipient, unless you would rather not. I'll mail to wherever you'd like!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Yes, I'm very sad that the Shades never made it out of West Sacramento, apparently.
    In the package were some dried assorted chile peppers, which I've never had a problem
    sending or receiving across the Canadian border. I get bummed out every time I think about it.

Josh

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz