Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another gritty mix question!!!

Posted by wweidele 6 (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 17:45

Hey all sorry to ask another gritty mix question but I have just made my first mix and I was wondering your opinion on how it looks and if it seems right thank you so much

Also I'm located in nj so if anyone has any trouble finding the materials email me I have plenty of locations to find everything thanks in advance

photo 20140513_173534.jpg

photo 20140513_173518.jpg

photo 20140513_173506.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another gritty mix question!!!

I think it looks great!

I'm in Arizona and you'd think being in the desert there would be plenty of places to find granite, but nope. lol..

JoJo

o

Lol granite was the easy one the right bark took a while for me

o

I agree that it looks great! Before using, I would moisten the mix so that the bark is saturated prior to potting.

Josh

o

LOL! Funny how it is trying to find the right stuff for the mix. But so worth it in the end!!
Your plants will love it!

What will you be putting in this?

JoJo

o

The pine bark fines are all but non-existent around here. I however have gone bark free a few years ago, using a 50/50 turface/granite mix, and like the gritty mix a lot more that way.

Joe

o

Looks good to me but stuff is so hard to find I'm usually stuck with thebasic peat/ perlite and whatnot, but finding just straight perlite that isn't in a bag the size of my couch seems to be a big big hunt, unless i buy it online its pretty much non existent!

Hey, btw did u get my e-mail yet...i sent a few using your email from your page on HERE. ..hope that's the right one. Super excited for your plant! Lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here