Kathi

Comments (18)

• seedmoney
    9 years ago

Kathi,
    I wanna live at your house!

• hijole
    9 years ago

Kathi, Who needs to go to the ground, You're doing fabulous above the ground, those all look very nice and I like the color variation too. Your Tea Cups are very cute now all we need to do is have the Tea Party Lol...

Let's see some more Tea cup planters guy's .

Greg

• spapa
    9 years ago

Love the color of your semps and E. 'Mauna Loa'!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Really great colors and textures!
    The "Jade or Crassula" looks to be Kalanchoe....but I've been wrong before.

Josh

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks guys!!
    Spapa,what is the E.Mauna Loa???

Josh,You could also be correct,i get some of the jades,crassulas,and kalanchoes mixed up,that's why I don't try to name things unless I know for sure.

Greg,got those teacups for less than half walmarts price at another new discount store we recently got here.

Seedmoney,come on down~~~~~~~~~~or up or over,where veer you are from me!! LOL
    Kathi

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

tried to add this one before,but it kept coming up postage stamp size,so i'll try again.Hope this works.This should open in another day or 3.

{{gwi:552858}}

Kathi

• chicagardens
    9 years ago

Great shots! I love those tea cups. When and where did you get them?

• hijole
    9 years ago

Kathi, those hen & chicks, what type are they? They look nice, I like the color alot. The 2nd picture is the one I'm talking about.

Greg

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

Lovely collection!
    Karen

• bob61
    9 years ago

Kathi Great plants and fantastic color.

Bob

• Sundewd
    9 years ago

Nice collection! I love all the colors! What are those wavy planters? I need something like that for my limited space, preferably just a J shape. Did you make or buy them somewhere?

Also, yes, your "crassula or jade" looks to be a Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone,now to answer your questions:

Greg,everyone of those hen and chicks came from the 99 cent store.Not all the same day,but off and on.I had them scattered in different places on the patio,and got tired of changing out the plants(annuals) I had in those stacked pots,so decided to dump them/move them and plant the hen and chicks in there.I think it was a good move on my part.

Chicago,those teacups came from a new discount store we got here in march called D.D'S discounts,it's part of the Ross chain.Lots of great bargains there,for every part of the house/gardens and also clothes,shoes and accessories.I make sure I check it out once a week at least.

Sundewd, Those planters dh got from QVC several years ago and paid good money for them.Now they have them here in our 99 cent store from time to time in the terra cotta color.Thanks for the id,so Kalanchoe it is.

Oh that stap opened today and I got a picture of it,havn't uploaded it yet,as I have another cactus that is in bud now and I want to get it's picture as well.

Stay tuned!!! LOL
    Kathi

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Kathi- what a show!!!!! Love them all - love the Epi colors too. I see the stag horn - beautiful - would love to see the last bloom which is gonna bloom in the next 3 days ;).

Chuy

• Beachplants
    9 years ago

Very nice Kathi, love the Semps too. Very nice collection of them. Ryan

• spapa
    9 years ago

Kathi - the Mauna Loa is the ruffled echeveria with the vibrant sunset colors! You must keep it in great conditions to keep the color so strong :)

• rilakkuma
    9 years ago

May I ask how do you grow plants in the cups? Do you drill holes on the bottom?

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They already have drain holes in them.The places that make them are finally getting smarter.

Spapa,it just sits there on that stand and I do very little to it or for it,and it just stays like that.All these plants are in the backyard,which is the south side of my house,and I'm along the coast,with a canyon behind me an a nice ocean breeze coming across the canyon.
    Kathi

• luv_daises
    9 years ago

Where is a good source to buy some epi's from at a reasonable price? Love your pictures. I want to grow a few epi's in the future but don't or can't afford the prices of some of them. lol