Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob61_gw

My weakness is spines. Ouch.

bob61
9 years ago

I love em but they can be painful if I'm not careful.

Comments (16)

• bob61
    Original Author
    9 years ago

From the other side.

• amsten09
    9 years ago

I envy you! AMAZING COLLECTION

• Enterotoxigenic00
    9 years ago

What a wonderful collection!
    Interesting how our verbiage changes when poked.
    Karen

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

Every pinch is a cactus KISS!

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

Every pinch is a cactus KISS!

• aztcqn
    9 years ago

Lol, Entero..
    Yeah, whole new language when they slip out of hand and you instinctively catch them......

Neat potted collection, Bob. The various shapes of these spinies is fascinating.

• notolover
    9 years ago

Beautiful plants, even if they can hurt you :-)

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

Haha very true for some reason even knowing there covered in spikes and can hurt when poked. ..if and when they fall over or get knocked up against the first reaction is to catch them or grab them so they don't hit the floor thus resulting in ouchies!!!

• chicagardens
    9 years ago

Wow! Amazing!

• succulentlife
    9 years ago

Beautiful. Radiates with love.

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

I swear everyone must have one of those clay pots with the green ceramic paint on the bottom! it deff proves where HOME DEPT shoppers atleast at one point lol!

was wondering if anyone has had luck with finding clay pots in a size smaller then 4in or 6in?
    some of my plants are still a wee bit small for those sizes that I have and I haven't seen any big enough yet small enough to repot my 1.5in-2in potted babies, I kno its a random question but would guess someone on here would have an idea where they sell them

• Microthrix
    9 years ago

Ahh, the feeling inside you that you get when you see an amazing table full of mature cacti. Mine sort of looks like that minus probably 10 years. i cant wait till mine grow! Good job on the collection!

• bob61
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone It's been fun getting all the plants together over the years.

Kittykat Don't know if this will help you but a friend told me about Michaels arts and crafts stores that carry clay pots in a lot of smaller sizes. They also have the bell pots that are real nice. These pots are made in Germany and are great quality. They are having a sale now on the bell pots buy two and get one free so I loaded up. Just google the store and look for a location near you. Hope you have one in your neck of the woods.

Bob

• cactus_cowboy
    9 years ago

Beautiful cacti collection! :)

• cold_weather_is_evil
    9 years ago

Notice how soft and fuzzy Teddy Bear cholla looks?

• bob61
    Original Author
    9 years ago

C.W.E. saw this pic the other day in an email. That guy is probably still ouching even if it was ten years ago.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm