Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wweidele

The mini forest

wweidele
9 years ago

Hey all I know I don't post much just so busy doing a million things thought I would share my mini forest of adeniums with you I know there is an adenium forum but I spend all my time lurking here lol.. sorry ahead of time if pictures are sideways

3 different types top are obesum, middle are a arabicum, and bottom are somalense mix for some reason the arabicum drop leaves but are definitely not rotting or do I see any threat

{{gwi:553161}}

Another shot

{{gwi:553162}}

Moving to there new temporary homes

{{gwi:553163}}

These were repoted last week and the roots no lie double this is a unknown bonus mix

{{gwi:553164}}

Root of the somalense after removing the seed starting mix

{{gwi:553165}}

Finished 9, 70 Togo (phewww)

{{gwi:553166}}

Few of them branching I'm so excited! !!!

{{gwi:553167}}

More to come soon I hope you guys enjoy thanks for peeking if any questions just let me know. Also I would like to share some of these soon as there a little bigger if anyone would be interested please let me know

This post was edited by wweidele on Thu, May 8, 14 at 19:49

Comments (20)

• wweidele
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Fixed

This post was edited by wweidele on Thu, May 8, 14 at 19:49

• amsten09
    9 years ago

I had a couple seedlings and sadly the cat knocked the pot over and they died. Your plants look great

This post was edited by amsten09 on Thu, May 8, 14 at 19:55

• wweidele
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm surprised they died I drop these all the time I prune the roots you make it I'm pretty rough lol try again there so much fun and addicting and my favorite part is how every seed is different

• amsten09
    9 years ago

Where do you get your seeds? I had someone off of here ship me a couple small seedlings.

• wweidele
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I got them from a recommendation on the forum from (adenium center) and I got I would say 95% germination rate and when I ordered he gave me so much extra seeds and one extra package of a different unknown variety it was unlabeled it just said new variety on that pack so I will have to wait and see

If you would like some of mine I'm up for sharing just let me know and when the weather is more stable there yours

• amsten09
    9 years ago

That would rock. I am moving back to the Midwest in a couple months. Ill keep you in mind and message you once I get settled! You are awesome

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

Oh my! How beautiful!!! Congrats on the growth, I'm super jealous there so beautiful wish i had one of them for my collection here in MA :-\
    I hope all goes well and If you find any room running out i would love to share some space for one of your beauties. Good luck they look great!

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Beautiful!! Just beautiful. I sadly lost about 90% of my seedlings ;(.
    I would do just about anything to have 1% of your collection :-). Lol. I'm starting some seeds as well / gonna try it again and hope it works. But I have a bad feeling - if you happen to have extra seeds/ or anything :-). Please keep me in mind - Stunning collection!!!!

Chuy

• wweidele
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey kittie I would love to share with you send me a p.m and we can go from there as well as chuy

Chuy what happen???? Looks like u let them dry out or something what did u use to start them? What I have realized is they like to stay moist at these stages not wet but moist and slowly I change my watering habits to alow them to dry a little more each week in between watering.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

They look great! Much better than mine ;-)

Josh

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

Oooh thanks that's so nice of you, i just gatta figure out how to pm people LOL

• chuy415
    9 years ago

I gave them soooo much love that I killed them. I can honestly say that the mix was the exact mix that Laura uses (exactly it)!! I spent hours babying them and I think I should have left them alone a bit - but I was so excited being my first time attempting this I was excited to see them grow! Now I am just shocked and sad that almost All of them are gone! :(

Chuy

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Wweidele- I did send you a p.m but not sure if you received it - will try again ;)

Chuy

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

I believe i sent a pm, or e-mail? Not really sure haha i hope you received it I'm clearing of a spot on the window sill for one of your beautiful babies as we speak! :-D

• wweidele
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey guys I haven't checked my email yet sorry busy at work I will soon as I get home today and get some babies to there new homes :)

Thanks Josh but I'm sure yours are excellent

Chuy to be honest babying them may have been the death of them in my opinion they liked being left alone and neglected but at they same time they must stay moist.

I'm not sure what mix you use but it looks that it drains to fast for the early stages 9 adenium again that is my opinion
    I'm all for fast draining mixes but some time they drain to fast for seedlings and alow the roots to dry up which is what looks what happen to yours

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Thanks, but mine has yellowy leaves from the cool Spring temps. I should have kept it indoors longer :-)

Josh

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

I have the same problem with soils sometimes, they drain so fast that even a small spritz from my spray bottle leaks right thru the soil out the bottom of the pot and then I get iffy on if I should water it some more in case more of the water exited the pot then allowed for the plant to drink!!
    we all tend to baby our plants in some way or another I still gotta learn to take a step back myself but ive been doing better - I just gotta muster up the courage to separate and repot my baby plants that are still in the same pots with there mothers, its starting to get a lil crowded in a few of my mini 1.5in pots and im not sure they will be completely happy sharing a pot that size with anything growing bigger by the days!

and oh, boy! I cant wait to get your e-mail and receive one of your babies ...(or 10 ;-) ..) lol, I forgot to ad my address so just e-mail me back and ill send you my info if and when you need it! I already cleared a nice lil spot for your plant to go and I will be sure to send you updated pictures!

• wweidele
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey kittie I never recieved your email
    I'll recieved chuys soon as u send me your email and a dress there on the way to there new home :)

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

Hmmm I'll try again

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

I sent a few e-mails, one thru the site, one thru my phone and one thru MY email address....hopefully YOU get ONE. Just so YOU kno the emails twiztid fantasy Not KittieKAT incase you're looking for my gardenwebs account name. Just let ME kno if you get it, cause maybe i got the wrong email for YOU. I'm using the one from your page. Hope you get ONE and hope i get ONE. ....or 5..6...7 (LOL) of your plant babies! V