Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suivezmoi

New plants!

suivezmoi
9 years ago

I'm new to the forum and succulents/cacti in general. I just recently went out and got a tad crazy with starting off. Figured I'd upload some pictures of all my new stuff, hopefully to see where they all started for when they get bigger and not how they looked before I murdered them. :)

{{gwi:553627}}

{{gwi:553629}}

These are all of the ones I have now

{{gwi:553631}}

Comments (5)

• hijole
    9 years ago

suivezmoi, Welcome to the Garden web site. I would say your off to a running start with that collection you have there. They all look very nice & healthy too.
    One of the good things about cacti & succulents is that they are very forgiving & you actually don't need a green thumb alot of them thrive on abuse and I guess tyhe tip of the day is easy on the water I'd say lean on the to little water side if your going to do anything wrong let it be to little water.

Greg

• Joe1980
    9 years ago

I thought you said you got a little crazy? I think most of us can agree, you started out quite modest! I see you have a desert rose in your collection, which is my arch nemesis. I've failed on those enough to quit trying, because the WI winters are just too long, and they decline after 6 months of mostly cloudy days, even in a south window. All I can advise it to be cautious with watering it, especially in winter. About that jade.....whatever you do, don't search the web for different cultivars, like "variegata" or "hummel's sunset", or you'll find yourself a true jade aficionado. I have plants.....and I have jades....they're different.

Joe

• plantomaniac08
    9 years ago

I noticed that your Gymnocalycium mihanovichii 'Moon Cactus' (the grafted one) has a flower bud on it, that's not something you see everyday!

It looks like your Gymnocalycium mihanovichii friedrichii 'Plaid Cactus' (the one with the big pink flowers) is going to give you quite the show soon.

Thanks for sharing!

Planto

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

WOW very beautiful collection starting for YOU! It's an addiction if your not careful. Have fun

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Welcome!
    And wow what a great start! I agree with Joe, modest one at that. lol.. My collection started with a few in the yard, I'm in Arizona, and one day I went to a plant sale, and that was it.. Hooked! LOL! My son and I came home with about 20! lol

Great people and help here, ask away if you have questions. Making sure they have proper mixes and water on the light side when in doubt and you'll do fine!

The one with the huge blooms is going to be something!!

JoJo

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company