Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chicagardens

Help ID please. Several pics

chicagardens
9 years ago

Hi there. So, I, being a newbie...need a little bit of help with IDs.

Of all places to carry succulents, my local pavillions is carrying them. I've purchased several on my various trips...what's another couple dollars on the grocery bill. Haha. Besides the ones I got were in need of rescue.

Here is the first one, what is this?
{{gwi:553713}}

Here is #2. It's variegated, right?
{{gwi:553714}}

Here is #3, I bought 2
{{gwi:553715}}

Is it the same as this one, which I already own?
{{gwi:553716}}

Here is #4, variegated, right?
{{gwi:553717}}

This one I got from a co-worker, 2 huge cuttings. She said they give dragon fruit? True?
{{gwi:553718}}

Thx all for the help!!!! :)

This post was edited by chicagardens on Sat, May 31, 14 at 20:22

Comments (14)

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

First is baby toes.. almost bought one today. lol.. Not sure the "family" though..

# 3 I think is Senico ?

#4 is variegated Jade

and the last I'm not sure.. never seen anything like it in reference to dragon fruit.

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Boy, I really need to brush up on the proper names. LOL!

• Hummingbird597
    9 years ago

I think #3 might be Crassula mesembryanthemoides, I bought one recently (assuming mine was labeled correctly!). It looks similar but not the same as the one you already have, but I don't have that much experience with it.

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

#4 does not look like Jade to me...

The large cactus cuttings are a type of Cereus peruvianus monstrose...They do produce a red skinned edible fruit, but not Dragonfruit.

Christopher

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

It looks like a stretching jade to me. lol.. But it's a guess ;-)
    Thanks for the info on the last one! Always love learning something new!

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

Isn't that the Kalanchoe thrysifolia variegate that's the latest Kalanchoe Frankensteined?

• spapa
    9 years ago

#2 looks like it could be Echeveria 'Decora'

• mingtea
    9 years ago

Your white sux are senecio haworthii and the first pic is fenestraria rhopalophylla. There's an Echeveria in there and a variegated jade. Last is Montrose cereus peruvianus. You can eat the fruit... Not much flavor, just sweet.

-Ming

This post was edited by mingtea on Sun, Jun 1, 14 at 11:01

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Sorry, but the stems on #4 do not look like variegated Jade to me, nor do the way some of the leaves curl like that look like Jade. Looks more like an etiolated Echeveria.

Christopher

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

As some others have given IDs ~my added 2 cents & agreement with others:

1. Fenestraria rhopalophylla
    2. Echeveria 'Decora'
    3. & 4. Senecio haworthii
    5. Aeonium castello-paivae (Suncups is common name)
    6. Cereus peruvianus f. monstrosus

• chicagardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thx all for your insight. I'm gonna look up some of these names. Since there was question with a couple of them...most likely due to the angle of the pic, I retook 2 of them.

{{gwi:553719}}

{{gwi:553720}}

{{gwi:553721}}

• chicagardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

1. Is indeed Fenestraria rhopalophylla (baby toes), but mine is super leggy. Looks nothing like the images I saw. I hope those toes straighten up.

2. If it is echeveria decora, will mine do this? If so, HOW???? (: I love the purple tint. {{gwi:553722}}

3. Bummed that 3 is exactly the same as what I already have (#4). :/ was hoping it was something new. Oh well (:

5. Yup. Totally is Aeonium castello-paivae f. variegata 'suncups'. Will they remain small? Gosh, I hope it recovers, it was a total rescue...I loved the dainty little flowers.

6. Yep, totally Cereus peruvianus f. monstrosus. I saw pics with red fruits that some called apples...looks neat, never had them can't wait for them to give fruit. (:

You guys are all amazing! So quick and spot on with the names. Thx so much!

• chicagardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Giving this a bump to see if you can help me with #2. Thx so much for the help.

2. If it is echeveria decora, will mine do this? If so, HOW???? (: I love the purple tint. {{gwi:553722}}

This post was edited by chicagardens on Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 9:34

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

From the new angle I can see the TINY teeth on the edge of the leaf on the Aeonium castello-paivae f. variegata 'suncups'.

Christopher has better eyes than me ;-) .

JoJo

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor