Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Does anyone know what kind of Jade this is?

meyermike_1micha
9 years ago

In advance, thank you.

I have no idea because it is loaded with colors, and I think it is a Crosby of some sort..But is it a variegated one of some kind..I have never seen them before..

Mike

{{gwi:554626}}

{{gwi:554628}}

Comments (27)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

Looks like an oddball non-variegated Crosby's C. to me, Mike, but we'll wait for Josh's Gritty Jade to be the deciding vote, whatsay?

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    9 years ago

Mike,
    Nice to see you again. How are things?

It doesn't look like a compact to me either. The leaves look a little too big.

Rob

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Hello!
    Hey, thanks for puttin' me on the spot, Jeff ;-)
    Mike, really nice Jade you've got there. I'm not sure if the range of color is from the lighting or from the variety. I took a good look at my Crosby's today and I can see a lot of color, but not the cream/yellow that I see on some of the leaves on your plant.

Keep an eye on it and document how the color progresses this Summer.

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone...

The pic does it no justice...It is a very bright plant when the sun is not out..Almost florescent...

I will keep an eye on it Josh..It seems to have a lot of cream and yellow as you say..I love it...
    Those leaves are actually as small as my compact jade, just colored..
    I just stuck them outside, so let's see what the sun does to them..

Rob, good to see you too...Thanks..I have had a heck of a winter..I have not forgotten you..

Thanks again Rob, Jeff and Josh!..I'll keep you posted.

Mike

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Hey Mike,

Could you pls. adjust your Member Page to allow Email? I have something I think you wanted, but wasn't able to get thru to you by EMail.

Sorry to digress the thread.

Handsome Jade whatever its name is.

Have folks noticed that Mike's pix are often after he's watered his plants & they're all wet, makes 'em look so alive!

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Mike has to multi task, he's always so busy. ;-) Camera in one hand, water can in the other. lol.. Beautiful plant Mike!

9 years ago

Lately I've been hosing off my plants before taking pics, too.......due to the awful layer of sticky yellow pollen and oak-tassles all over them! :-)

Josh

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Everything is covered in dust here. ;-)

• puglvr1
    9 years ago

Great looking Jade Mike, whatever variety it ends up being, Love the colors!! Similar to hummel (kinda)...

Jojo, SO nice to have you back :o)

Hey Josh!!!

9 years ago

Hello! JoJo and Nancy, so good to see you! School year is winding down now....my last day is June 6th!

Mike, I'll try givin' you a call this afternoon, buddy.

Josh

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Hey Josh,

Could you pls. send me Meyer Mike's Email addy?

I seem to recall him wanting a white blooming COT (which I now have to spare). but can't get thru as his profile in not enabled for EM (why I asked him above to adjust his Member Page).

I wanted to offer Mike first refusal before I offer it locally to my Plant Society. TIA

Karen

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Hi all!
    Pug!! So good to see you too! Your at the top of the list of people here I've missed! (HUGS)

Josh, Always good to see you!! I think this place needs a "like" button. ;-)
    School out mid may here . :-)

Karen,
    Hope your well!
    I will send Mike an text shortly and let him know you need to get a hold of him. From the looks of things, He hasn't been here at GW much. He works a lot!

JoJo

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Thanks JoJo,

I appreciate your help & nice to see you back among the crowd. Hope things are well (or better) for you.

Yeah, lots of that works a lot going around. I work for firm of CPAs full time & commute 2 hrs. a day. I'm still catching my breath from the end of the tax season 2 wks ago. I keep expecting things to slow down a bit, but they really haven't.

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Hi Karen!
    Thank you! Not sure about well or better :-/ but I need to get out of a slump.. so here I am. :-) Thank you. :-)

Well I tried to send him a text, hope he got it! I have a new phone, my first smart phone! I just got it last week and it is already getting the better of me! I do not deal well with learning new electronics. UGH!! If I don't hear back I will call him, and maybe if Josh gets him tonight , he can give him a heads up. :-)

2 hrs a day! OH my! I know someone who works part time at tax season.. yes, it gets ugly!

9 years ago

Hello, and happy Friday!
    I just talked to Mike and passed along the message, Karen. He's out to dinner now, but I imagine that he'll drop back in sometime this weekend.

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello everyone...Sorry it took me a bit to get back..

Karen, I thanks you much for thinking of me. I would certainly take good care of it if you still want to..Let me look at my member page and see if I can adjust that..If not, I'll be back and give it to you here..Glad to see your doing well, yet busy, and thanks again))

Jojo...No more slumps! It's so good to see you back and thanks for getting a hold of me..You are right. I work a lot to care for my home and parents..Soon I hope to take a good vacation...Thank you

Josh, thanks to you too..It was so good to chat with you tonight pal....Glad you enjoyed the pics....Hopefully we will chat soon again..

Nancy..Hello..Thank you...I owe you a letter and a call..
    I know your weather is much warmer than mine..Please send some up will you? It was 49 and drizzly today. Great for my moss and ferns...Not a 70 degree day yet!

Thanks for all the help everyone..You are all too kind..

Mike

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Hi All!
    Karen, May I ask what a COT is? Curious. :-) Is it on it's way to Mike and going to be the next wet plant picture we see? lol.. sorry Mike had to. ;-)

I think the only way to avoid any more slumps is to go it alone here. ;-) But I'll try not to. I miss having plants that's for sure! And friends here!

Glad I was able to text you. This phone is confusing! LOL!

Anyway.. Keep up posted on the plant here. I'm anxious to see how it progresses!

JoJo

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Thx for the help folks, Josh you too.

Hi Mike,

Don't wish to push yet MORE plants on you to care for, & of course you'd take good care of it. But I DO seem to recall you being interested in it.

My Member Page IS enabled for EM, so if you're interested, use it to give me your EM addy & we'll go from there. Maybe you've got a Hoya or 2 which need a quick trim?

Sorry JoJo = COT = Crown of Thorns, aka Euphorbia milii.

This is a ready, easy bloomer for me here in west window in NYC, am guessing it'd bloom up a storm for Mike!

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Hi Karen!
    Glad to help and no sorry's needed. ;-) Thanks! I know the plant , just had never heard it's nic name. I'm sure it will bloom like crazy for him, he's got the touch that's for sure ..
    Kind of you to offer it to him. I'm sure he will enjoy it and it would have plenty of others to keep it company . lol..

I'm sitting here now trying to figure out how to put up a shelf in my craft room for plants! and arrange things so crafts don't get wet. lol..

Jojo

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jojo..I certainly will....Thank you and by the way, looks like Karen answered your question on the abbreviation...
    Hope are yoiu are relaxing and doing well...TTYL

Karen..Will do..Thank you very much. I can promise you it will be in good hands and I'll see what I can come up with... I am pretty sure you love Hoya as much as I do:-)
    You were right, I have always wanted a white flowering COT..

MIke
    MIke

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

OK Mike, I'll expect to hear from you & we'll go from there, no need to assure me, I have no doubt, ;>)

Ah, but I love Hoyas even MORE than you, am an Early Hoya Forum participant, maybe from its start, if I recall!

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Hey Mike!
    Spent the day sifting turface with a headache.. is that considered relaxing? lol...

I think Hoya's are so cool! But I killed the 3 I had. :-/

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jojo, Not really....lol..It gets all over me..

What is worst is sifting perlite..

I LOVE hoya....In fact, there is always a top notch space for these plants!

Thsi jade is really coloring up now..It's strange for such little leaves....

Karen, I love a particular Hoya that I have..I can't remember the name on the label being stuck here at work..Bud the buds are almost black and the foliage such deep rich colors of green, purple, lime, red, marroon, orange...It's my favorite for sure.

Mike

• pirate_girl
    9 years ago

Really Mike, a Hoya w/those colors? Almost sounds like a Croton. I'll hope you'll share pix of it sometime.

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

I finished sifting the pumice last night. Dear lord! I was a dusty mess! LOL!
    Mike that Hoya sounds really beautiful!!
    Still haven't found my hardware to hang my shelf! GRRRR... I may have to switch to all hanging plants. lol

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, my reader card to download pics was stolen, Karen, so now I have to buy another one to download pics.
    I did send you my address in e-mail and set my profile for you to be able to write me..MIke...
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Jojo....It is beautiful...Right now it is smelling up my bedroom in an awesome way..This is one Hoya that can take direct sunlight or a bright area in a room and do just as well..It's loaded in blooms and only 2 years old from cuttings..One of my favorites..
    Don't forget to shower..lol

MIke

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Hi Mike!
    Sorry to hear about the card! That's rotten someone took it! :-( !!! I'm curious to see the plant you are talking about though. Your lucky to have something fragrant in the house!

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County