Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Agave Queen Reginae Varigata

Posted by JGW3 7 (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 21:45

This little guy came in the mail today. Bought off of Ebay and this is not a dig, complaint or anything negative about the seller. They were GREAT! Immediately made things right!

But, this is how this guy got here. Apparently something was rubbing during transportation. So please take a look and give me a direction to head. At this point I am hoping for advice from one, some or all of you before a take action. I am thinking I need to go ahead and pot em up and high and make sure those wounds get plenty of air in hopes that they heal and a year from now it will be like nothing ever happened.

If he lives I think I am doing pretty good for a first Agave!!! Can you see my arm reaching around to pat myself on the back?

What do you think?
John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Agave Queen Reginae Varigata

Here is the other picture. Hey can you see that old gritty mix I messed up still at top of the trash can? I really need to figure out a good back drop!

o

I wouldn't worry, new leaves will grow and replace the old in no time. Plant it into a porous mix, leave it dry and in a shaded spot for about a week, then treat it normally.

I keep mine outdoors in a pot, unprotected all spring, summer and fall. They easily take a freeze, but in a pot the roots are susceptible so use caution.

x

o

Thanks X I appreciate the help.

John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here