chicagardens

Love love love the colors of spring (:

chicagardens
9 years ago

Loving the bright outline. So pretty. Enjoy

Comments (18)

• hijole
    9 years ago

Chica, I love it also! I always look forward to spring & summer because of all the great things that happen in the garden at these times of the year.

Your kiwi aeonium looks very nice, their almost glowing or are they?

Greg

• chicagardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow Greg! I think your fire sticks are glowing too! Mine aren't that colorful yet. Very nice!

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

There both sooo beautiful super jealous of both of YOU! Wish i had one of each of your beauties!! If there ever becomes a to much is too much, i would gladly take a few clippings or a small rooted one of each of your beautiful plants!!!!.......I'm sure THAT would prob NEVER happen but a girl can dream can't she !!!

• Michaela (Zone 5b - Iowa)
    9 years ago

chicagardens what is the name your succulent there?? That is absolutely stunning. :)

• chicagardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thegardenat902- Ummmmm, I hope it's aeonium kiwi...that's what I've always called it. Haha. I'm super bad with names and still working on my black thumb. (:

Kittiekat- I've seen your pictures, you have a nice collection going. Maybe we'll be able to trade one of these days.

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

I would absolutely luv too! I'm still working on my propping lol hopefully when i get that down we can work something out, there so beautiful!!

• chicagardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's my fire stick shot. Not as glowy as yours Greg.

This post was edited by chicagardens on Fri, May 16, 14 at 19:59

• hijole
    9 years ago

Chica, it's awesome! They look like twins, It looks just like mine, you must of placed it in the fridge right? Lol.. Have a great weekend, did I read your in S. California also? If so stay in the shade by all means.

Greg

• chicagardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, also in so calif. remember? I'm the one that keeps asking for the field trip to your garden. Haha! It's been an inferno all week. So glad it's starting to cool down. (:

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Wow! Love all the colors!!

• hijole
    9 years ago

Chica, So let me see if I can give you a virtual trip through my garden this coming up week with some nice pics of my garden, So where where about in Southern Cali was it that you lived?

I'm in the Corona, Ca. area, my neighbors call me the "Cactus Man" because I have them A L L ... over... LOl..

Greg

• hijole
    9 years ago

Chica, here's a snap shot of good things to come :)

Greg

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Your such a tease! WOW!!!

LOL!
    Oh love that with the plant hanging down! Is that Donkey's tail?

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

greg if I see any more of your pictures just ganna DIE!
    they are to beautiful for words!!

I was wondering, is there anyway possible to prop Firesticks? I recently came across a few clippings and was sure if I could stick them in some soil or what?

• hijole
    9 years ago

KittieKat, That's exactly the way we do it cut off a piece and let it callous for a couple of days or so sometimes I just cut it them and place them in the ground they are very hardy, especially once they are established they love abuse 0r they thrive on it I should say.

ONLY ONE WARNING . BECAREFUL FOR THE WHITE LIQUID THAT COMES OUT OF THE PLANT. IT'S VERY TOXIC.

Greg

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

so should I cut off a piece from one of the ends? cause I kinda just found a few sections that were popped off from the plant in the store and it didn't have any liquid coming out or look like it needed to callous over of anything?

• hijole
    9 years ago

Kitty, What I suggest is cut a piece that is a stem one that has other little branches on it, the stem should be the width of at least a pencil or larger in you have that available. Then it's garranteed for sure to take off.

Greg

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

It just kinda looks like this