Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Down in Joe's Garage*

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 23:55

Photobucket

Sedum multiceps arrived in full health from The Beaver State - my first 'merkin trade in some time. I sure hoped I sent her some good plants in exchange for these chains I want to be wrapped in (backbeat).

*From the album by the same name - you know it, the one where The Central Scrutinizer is out to protect you from the harmful effects of that horrible force called music.

I was twice blessed today, now that I think about it - I also got a tour from the executive director of the Wallace Desert Garden. The gentleman fulfilled a quest - he had cuttings of Opuntia sulfurea, too! It'd be really cool to see it and Opuntia pachypus in habitat sometime, eh?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Down in Joe's Garage*

Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like...

One of my favorite tunes by one of my favorite humans, Zappa went to high school in my hometown.

Very nice multiceps, Jeff!

o

Yikes! Big Spikes! Gosh, Hope you have a pair of tough gloves to handle that plant. It sort of looks like a weird walking fish. Anyhow, do you just wait for roots to sprout before setting it on soil?

The tour of the Garden must have been a wonderful way to spend time!

o

Ryan,

He was a very nice boy.

Penny,

Those are the easy ones, the ones with long central, single spines. You just pick them up by the spine. No, I won't have time to do so, so I'll just sit the cut end on soil, prop it up with rocks, and hope for the best. And it was, but silly me ran out of battery after only 325 pics.

o

He used to cut my grass.

o

So I've got some work now and work later. You know I'm a sucker for punishment when the extras will tried to be grown up north.

Photobucket

The WHITE ZONE is for loading and unloading only. . . if you
have to load or unload, go to the WHITE ZONE... you 'll love it... it 's a way of life

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Fri, May 11, 12 at 22:13

I'll be pretty pleased when they're all cleaned up and no longer lookin' cruddy (for those certain two) and growing in their pretty pots you've picked.

o

Is that a cylindropuntia kleiniae? Mine has been blooming rose flowers today... The skinny sticky thorny thing? NIce O. basilparis bloom. My basilaris fell 11 ' off my deck. D@mn three legged architect designed table!. Whole thing tipped and fell ON TOP of the pots that were on top of it. The pads are showing some life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here