Thought I would share - first pic Feb 2011
Photobucket
Today
Photobucket

Feb 2011
Photobucket
now
Photobucket

Thanks for looking - I find it amazing to see plants grow over time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden update

very nice. i agree that it is amazing.

Doug

o

Beautiful!

o

OMG! Beautiful!!!!! I love them! Great job!!!

o

"Thanks for looking - I find it amazing to see plants grow over time." - Beachplants

Big time words there, Beachplants! Great angles and curves to the beds and nice plant placement. Love the whole thing, you really made a big transformation!

Seeing the plant growth you mention is fascinating and it doubles in fun with the 'before & after' pictures...

Isn't funny how when you first put the plants in the ground, it looks kind of bare and you think 'this will never fill in'....... Then seemingly out of nowhere - the beds fill up and takes on a totally different look.

Hope to see more PIG pics like this, it's a nice succulent jolt ;-)!

o

Thanks, glad you found it interesting.

I was looking at the bigger aloes, they did not grow much in height, but boy did they add weight. These plants all remained in pots for 3 - 5 years and they are well travelled.

o

Rian,

Aren't the plants PIG'd just the healthiest ones, too! Your gardens are working works of art (as all of ours are, one guesses) - it's nice to be able to say 'Viva la evolucion!' in pictures.

o

It is always in a "state of flux" if that is the right wording to use. In another few years I think it would be like you used the "bold" function, more pronounced!

o

Im totally jealous. I can grow 1 aloe outside in my zone, maybe 2 with protection.

Really nice job. Your garden is looking great.

o

Thanks - you know I will say this 10x over - I have the utmost respect for people who have to basically restart their gardens every year after winter. I find that amazing!

o

Rian,

That's funny that you mention that, as I was explaining to someone the other day about growing in San Diego - you could literally drop something on the dirt and in a month or two it's rooted. Up here in Kamloops,it's a different ball game (although I did pull up what I thought were three Sedum plants that had died and, lo and behold, they're in leaf - I've got to get them PIG'd).

o

Oh oh! If that's what happened from Feb to June, me thinks this time next year you will be wanting new homes for some of those babies! That rock in the back of the last photo sure has some lovely color in it too!

Penny

o

Penny - thanks. Note it is 1y4months..LOL! Still, I am excited to see it in another 1y...and comparing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here