Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my aloes

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 8:46

here are some of my aloes, not all. If I have any of the ID's wrong please tell me. many came without tags. I have left a question mark on the ones I am still unsure of. I try to collect plants that are very dissimilar in color and form. And I just love the winter colors that aloes take on. Most have already started to change out of them.
Aloe imalotensis var longeracemosa(?)
Blooming Aloe

Aloe aculeta
Aloe aculeta

Aloe variegata

Aloe variagata

Aloe peglerae glowing in the sunset

Aloe peglerae

aloe aborescens

Aloe arborescens

Aloe cameroni and A. "fire Ranch"

Aloe cameroni and A. 'Fire Ranch

The slowest growing Aloe dorothea

Aloe dorothea

Aloe Capitata , Aloe Cameroni and A. peglerae and a never growing aloe broomlii in the corner

Aloe capitata, A. peglerae, A. cameronii

Aloe capitata
Aloe capitata

Aloe X spinosissima

Aloe X spinosissima

Aloe glauca and a possible aloe "crosby prolific"

Ale glaucus

Gasteraloe 'Green Ice'

Gasteraloe

Aloe nobiles

Aloe nobilis

Aloe ibitiensis(?)

Aloe ibitiensis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my aloes

The 'never-growing' Aloe broomii looks like another Aloe peglerae, Mara. Your collection looks good - I've never seen a prettier A. capitata (which one is it v. capitata?), excepting those in flower. Nice collection, but where's your Aloe dichotoma - I thought you have a 3' one?

o

I do not have a 3' A dichtoma.If anyone wants to give me one, I am game. I need a house to have that one, though. I am living in the office of my shop and these plants go into the finishing room on the wicked coldfronts.Maybe In a year. my house will be ready for habitation. I am working on a porch with a ROLL in capabilities to a 16' of double sliding doors. We just dried it in. Their is a roof over the porch so the light is not direct but , in Texas I can roll plants in for the bad stretches. The tiny plant in the lower right corner is not a peglarae but a broomlii.

The A. capitata is A c. var capitata I THINK. Yes , she has grown into a beauty but, alas, a never blooming beauty.Even though she is still my favorite. I am giving her some fertilizer this year to see if that makes a difference. I thought about buying another one to give her a sence of sibling rivalry.

o

Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

Annette

o

Awesome colors!

x

o

Thank you, I water them once a week. It got up to 109 this week but is back down to just under the century mark. It feels cool. I must be delirious. I am fighting the urge to up the watering to twice a week but it is so d@mn hot, I am worried that they have already gone into summer dormancy and I will be flirting with rot.

The two pictures of the Capitata are from last (second picture) summer to this. I am wondering why it has not lost it's winter colors. I am not complaining. Just wondering.

o

Great shot and some beautiful aloes, Mara. Thanks for posting.

o

Mara they all look great! The A. cameroni & A. ibitiensis are my favs of these you have posted. Nice colors.

Glenn

o

Love all of them, especially the variegated aloe/ Partridge Breast Aloe, G. Green Ice and Aloe ibitiensis.
I saw the variegated aloe/ Partridge Breast Aloe at our local HD but didn't pick it up at that time.
Went back the next day to buy it but it's gone already :( Thanks for sharing the pics :) They are all beautiful!

o

Your aloes are beautiful, Mara. The Aloe variegata is especially stunning - the pot/rock mulch is perfect.

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 15:28

That Aloe peglerae all aglow looks phenomenal. And the possible Aloe ibitiensis is stunning. Love the color of the Aloe glauca in contrast with the color of its teeth.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 15:12

Lovely aloes, looking beautifully grown.

o

Love your aloes, especially the stressed ones. The redness is so beautiful.

o

not Aloe ibitiensis.. that is Aloe deltoideodonta var. fallax... not sure how those originally became synonymous with Aloe ibitiensis, which is a much different looking aloe (more like Aloe erythrophylla). Very common error, and those plants are still, more often than not, sold as Aloe ibitiensis.

o

Thank you Izrddr, I was always insecure about that ID, It came to me as a possible A . ibitiensis, so I always put the "?" there. I guess I should go and change it on my flicker account. I have been using that as the way I keep track. I am always loosing tags. Do you agree with the ID of the first picture. That one came without an IS and I saw a very similar aloe on XW just the other day. Italways looked KINDA like A deltoideodonta but not quite. I always thought it was a hybrid and then I saw his and it seemed a good match. I am still just a wild guesser.

o

Could be A deltoideodonta, too... not sure how to tell those two apart, frankly...

o

Absolutely gorgeous, very nice collection you've put together, they must be the talk of the shop for sure, I love them all.

Greg

o

It is a WORKshop not, a retail shop, more of a studio. Only me in it so unless I start jabbering to myself, the talk is usually centered around work flubbery and is not printable on this forum.

Izrddr, I had it IDed as a A. deltoideodonta before. OH well. I love living in confusion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here