Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firesticks, In Bloom

Posted by greenjay Zone 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 9:16

Was greeted by these tiny blooms this morning, and thought that I'd share ..... Hope that you enjoy...
Jay

Firesticks in Bloom

More Firesticks in Boom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firesticks, In Bloom

I could miss those in my rushing around. They are sweet.

o

wantonamara, i did almost miss them,,,,thank goodness i've gotten into the habit of putting my glasses on when i "inspect" the kids haha ! Thanks !

o

Those look really cool! I can see why they're called 'firesticks'! Very nice plant

o

CouchPotato89 Agreed ! Was one of those "need em ,want em, gotta have em" plants as soon as I saw them haha !

o

I didn't even know they would bloom.DH bought 2 of those last week for our succulent garden,known in a former life as "the pond".Love them,sooooooo colorful.TFS
Kathi

o

Jay

I'll be! I didn't know either. I can almost see them. I must say you have yourself quite a cute plant there:-)
Can anyone see them on mine?

Photobucket

Mike:-)

o

Hard to tell meyermike_1micha , if i wasn't wearing my glasses, I NEVER would have noticed mine....lol great plant tho ! nice coloring ....aren't they "fun" ? lol

o

Here's one I've called " The Burning Bush" I thought those what your calling blooms were just just simply the plants new growth, it gets bigger & bigger and those are new shoots.

Greg

o

Wow Greg,that's some beautiful color on those firesticks.Is that a plain green one in the background??I like the colors on that cactus in the black pot that sits against the house.
TFS
Kathi

o

Lolol..You are too funny Jay. Just to let you know, there are NO flowers just yet.lol

Greg, I too love the coloring on that cactus against the house! What is it? Where can I get a hold of one of those? Lovely.
By the way, now that is what I call plant on fire! I almost have to wear sun glasses looking at that. Wow, the red! Boy does that plant light up a dimmly lit area for sure.

Mike

o

Thanks for the comps, Those are some type of cacti pads which have blooms that start off yellow and then turn into a mauve tone they actually add alot of color to the garden a demand attention I guess, because many inquire about them as they walk by, So maybe it's time to give them a new pot to brighten them up even more, Ah, I just got an idea, see you in a little bit.

Greg

o

Ok, so just another angle of the same shot earlier except I forgot to say, yes Kathy that's a all green plant of the burning bush / sticks of fire.

Greg

o

Dazzling! Very nice!
Good to see you all, Mike, Greg, everyone!

Josh

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 20:26

Beautiful plants! One I haven't gotten my hands on yet.

o

Cute little tufts of flowers and some very nicely colored up plants there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here