Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenjay_gw

Firesticks, In Bloom

greenjay
11 years ago

Was greeted by these tiny blooms this morning, and thought that I'd share ..... Hope that you enjoy...

Jay

{{gwi:561025}}

{{gwi:561026}}

Comments (15)

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

I could miss those in my rushing around. They are sweet.

• greenjay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

wantonamara, i did almost miss them,,,,thank goodness i've gotten into the habit of putting my glasses on when i "inspect" the kids haha ! Thanks !

• couchpotato89
    11 years ago

Those look really cool! I can see why they're called 'firesticks'! Very nice plant

• greenjay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

CouchPotato89 Agreed ! Was one of those "need em ,want em, gotta have em" plants as soon as I saw them haha !

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

I didn't even know they would bloom.DH bought 2 of those last week for our succulent garden,known in a former life as "the pond".Love them,sooooooo colorful.TFS
    Kathi

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Jay

I'll be! I didn't know either. I can almost see them. I must say you have yourself quite a cute plant there:-)
    Can anyone see them on mine?

{{gwi:561027}}

Mike:-)

• greenjay
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hard to tell meyermike_1micha , if i wasn't wearing my glasses, I NEVER would have noticed mine....lol great plant tho ! nice coloring ....aren't they "fun" ? lol

• hijole
    11 years ago

Here's one I've called " The Burning Bush" I thought those what your calling blooms were just just simply the plants new growth, it gets bigger & bigger and those are new shoots.

Greg

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

Wow Greg,that's some beautiful color on those firesticks.Is that a plain green one in the background??I like the colors on that cactus in the black pot that sits against the house.
    TFS
    Kathi

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Lolol..You are too funny Jay. Just to let you know, there are NO flowers just yet.lol

Greg, I too love the coloring on that cactus against the house! What is it? Where can I get a hold of one of those? Lovely.
    By the way, now that is what I call plant on fire! I almost have to wear sun glasses looking at that. Wow, the red! Boy does that plant light up a dimmly lit area for sure.

Mike

• hijole
    11 years ago

Thanks for the comps, Those are some type of cacti pads which have blooms that start off yellow and then turn into a mauve tone they actually add alot of color to the garden a demand attention I guess, because many inquire about them as they walk by, So maybe it's time to give them a new pot to brighten them up even more, Ah, I just got an idea, see you in a little bit.

Greg

• hijole
    11 years ago

Ok, so just another angle of the same shot earlier except I forgot to say, yes Kathy that's a all green plant of the burning bush / sticks of fire.

Greg

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Dazzling! Very nice!
    Good to see you all, Mike, Greg, everyone!

Josh

• Colleen E
    11 years ago

Beautiful plants! One I haven't gotten my hands on yet.

• paul_
    11 years ago

Cute little tufts of flowers and some very nicely colored up plants there.