Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mpenguinn

Need help! Unknown help.

mpenguinn
10 years ago

***Oops. - Need help! Unknown PLANT***

Hi everyone.

I just stumbled upon this forum on accident and at no better time. I have a new plant, no clue what kind, that seems to be struggling. :( My local nursery doesn't label anything, so my succulents, for the most part, are mysteries to me. They're usually in amazing shape when I buy them, but this one was a bit on the rough side when I purchased it...spots on the foliage, uneven growth, etc. It has new growth at the top, but seems to be shedding it's bottom layer of leaves on a pretty regular basis...loses one huge piece every 3-4 days. I'm not sure if maybe this is normal for this particular plant? I'm guessing not since what is coming off is in such poor shape. All that being said, it's still a beautiful and I adore it. Any kind of tip for improving its health would be much appreciated. Also can/should I be putting the pieces I lose in a pot? And just FYI ( not sure if this could be part of my problem) the dried white residue is from the salt content in my water not actual spots on the plant.

{{gwi:562374}}

{{gwi:562375}}

(sorry for the humongous pictures)

This post was edited by mpenguinn on Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 11:23

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!