Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pink epi and more pix

Posted by deep___roots ca9/sunset15 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 11:34

This pink epi I got several years ago at a garage sale. The guy said he would give me "not your run of the mill" epis. He had hundreds.
The flowers this one produces are fairly small.
Photobucket
It grows in a pretty shady spot, mainly because I have too many plants to take care of properly. Here is a picture taken in that spot. The flash activated.
You can see a new flower bud in the top right.
Photobucket
I got a second epi from him that now has a flower bud and will open soon. I wonder what the color will be.
Here is a cactus with some flowers ready to open. I wonder what the color will be as this is a new cactus for me too. They are pointing toward sunset. It is interesting how they track the sun.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pink epi and more pix

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I
I wish I had taken pictured of mine too. I was amazed at how pink they were.

Do yours have a fragrance? Mine had a slight one.

Thanks for posting.

Mike.

o

This is a fragrant white flower from my giant epi that I will divide someday maybe.
Photobucket
Here are the flowers from the cactus. They only lasted one day. It was really hot though, but they seem to be one day wonders. Saturday afternoon.
Photobucket
Sunday morning
Photobucket

o

I have one of the run of the mill epi but it does give me so much pleasure. Very fragrant. I am still waiting on the red one to bloom. I think I freeze it or close to freeze it every year. I kept it warmer this winter and the growth is a lot better. The Epi Oxypetalum is a bit more cold hardy so it gives my large fulshes of flowers.

o

Those flowers are gorgeous! I love the slight pink tint they have

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here