Echeveria Ciliata?

Posted by LauraRobichaud 5b Mass. (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 11:44

Does this look like an E. Ciliata?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echeveria Ciliata?

How about Echeveria setosa v ciliata.

http://crassulaceae.net/echeveriamenu/46-speciesecheveria/567-variation-and-varieties-in-echeveria-setosa-engl

o

Howard has the name. =)

o

Thank you! Can't wait to see those flowers! They look like candy corn.

o

Ugh, it's not doing well. It's potted in gritty mix in full sun. It was acclimated. I came back from vacation a week and a half ago and it looked like this. Ionly water maybe once a week unless it rains with foliage pro at half to a quarter strength. Any ideas?

o

Echeveria setose ciliiata is sensitive to water on its leaves, can you put it in a shaded area, I had one for a week before it got killed in a downpour

o

I can do that. Thanks so much!

o

Am I protecting it just from water on the leaves or from full sun too?

o

Laura, I have mine in full sun all summer long and water from time to time when I remember and don't care if leaves get wet. From your picture, I can't tell that there is much wrong. You an always dump the pot and inspect the roots. Just some thoughts.

o

This is what I see...most original roots seemed to have died off, but it's growing new roots. It would seem to me to trim back all the dead (black) roots, trim back the older, unhealthy leaves and pot back up dry. I'm thinking due to the root die-off, there wasn't enough of a root system to support the leaves it has. Does that sound right?

o

Note: I bought this plant and potted it up right before the original post on June 25th.

o

Laura, I would remove, carefully, any dead material. The roots that are dead usulaly come off easily. Then re-pot and water but don't soak. Maybe keep it protected from the sun for awhile until those new roots can support the plant.... good growing!

o

Thanks for all the advice. Glad I unpotted it. The white roots give me some hope that it's going to survive.

o

Trim off the dead and repot. Normally Id say allow to dry on newspaper for a few days but I see healthy white roots there. You may use moist soil but I wouldnt give any water until its recovered.

o

Hey all...an update. I trimmed off the dead roots and dying leaves and repotted one size down. It's made a nice recovery. Thanks for all the advice!

o

Looks like some new growth... good for you!

o

Looks TERRIFIC now, Laura!! :D Yay!

o

Where's the "Like" button?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here