Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
succs and trops

Posted by xerophyte_nyc 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 12:08

Just wanted to share a few photos taken today, mix of succulents and tropical selections - enjoy!

Cycas rumphii sporting a new flush of leaves - recovering nicely from an unexpected freeze last fall.
Photobucket

Bottle Palm, Hyophorbe lagenicaulis, view from below with new spear
Photobucket

Cycas revoluta, Sago Palm, hardening off a new flush
Photobucket

Pachypodium namaquanum enjoying the dry shade in its dormancy
Photobucket

Cyphostemma uter, awesome curly leaves

Photobucket

Hybrid tangerines in NY!
Photobucket

Aloe pillansii, protected in a greenhouse
Photobucket

Aloe polyphylla, ready for a bigger underground pot
Photobucket

Aloe dichotoma between some hardy Yuccas. It is approaching 6-feet tall, when might it bloom???
Photobucket

Cyphostemma juttae, with messy looking leaves
Photobucket

Echinocactus grusonii, the golden barrel
Photobucket

Aloe 'Hercules', also approaching 6-ft - when do they branch?
Photobucket

Hibiscus always look great
Photobucket

Macrozamia moorei, also making a recovery after having all its leaves burned by a hard frost last fall.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: succs and trops

Looks like everyone is doing well out in the fresh air. I love the Aloe polyphylla, it is so symetrical. Tangerines in NY? That would have made the Pilgrims happy!

o

Love the Pachy and Aloe poly. I starting to contemplate a golden barrel cactus for the garden as well. I think they bring something new to a garden./ Thanks for the pics.

o

Mr. X:

Great stuff, of course!

My question on your A. poly - if you bury the pot as you do, does the plant then tolerate LI heat waves without missing a beat? I.e., is it in a full sun site during the heat of our northeast summer and not missing a beat?

Thanks.

T

o

What a FABULOUS collection of plants you have, Mark!! Thanks for sharing some of them with us!!

Can't answer any of your questions, but like the curly leaves on your Cypho! =)

o

Mr. T - yes the a.p. is in full sun and does not appear to react negatively to heat waves.

x

o

XMark,

Fabulous collage of some of your big and small plants.

I don't think I've seen an A. d. that hadn't branched in flower. And the A. p. - what a crown of leaves for a prince(ss) of an Aloe.

I question I beg an answer for, though - where did you get your C. uter? I am willing to cash out my 401K for it, so don't hold back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here