Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new growth on my luckhofia buekmannii

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 12:43

Yes, My crested L.uckhofia buekmannii ( I wiil learn the spelling if it kills me) is showing new growth and some sun stress and it only gets morning sun, so I guess I should move it into deeper shade. Any one grow these outside in the hot hot weather areas? I do like how the sun stress combines with the green of the new growth. I wonder if it is stress that it can take lkike aloes take their stress. Anyone know. I don't see much information on these.

Luckhofia beukmanii

Luckhofia beukmannii

Luckhofia beukmannii

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new growth on my luckhofia buekmannii

Oh My, that is one gorgeous plant.

o

YES, it is!! One of my faves I kept it alive through the famous Texas drought with weekly waterings. It makes maroon flowers structured like the Hoodia flowers. Now if it would only bloom. I stare at it alot during the evening hours.

o

That is a beautiful plant. A real show stopper!

o

That's Gorgeous,love everything about it.
TFS
Kathi

o

Has anyone grown this...I am still wondering about its requirements. I had never seen it before I saw it in the store. It was love at first site. How long does it take to bloom? Fertilizer? soil? The usual questions.

o

Wowza that is sooo cool! I love the contrast of the colors :-)

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 18, 12 at 20:25

LOVE. Love love love.

o

The color contrast is really sweet, IMO. Can't help you on your Q though.

o

For those who are looking for more stuff on this plant. It is spelled with 2 Fs as in Luckhoffia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here