Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Succulent Bday Surprise

Posted by valeriev z9 Bay Area CA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 14:41

Look what I got for my birthday!!!! It's beautiful and sooooo amazing. I love it!

Succulent Heart!

I had a trade show this past weekend; a vendor left their Brom there after they took down their booth. So I own a new Brom! Not the Brom forum, but thought I would share since I'm here. :)
Bromelaid

Brom bloom
Brom Bloom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Succulent Bday Surprise

Succulent hearts - first time seeing one. Someone must think you're special, and, frankly, it beats a box of non-Belgian-chocolate candy.

o

Happy Birthday! You should be able to root all of those.

o

Wow! What a heart! Happy Birthday! And you'll be able to replant it over and over again throughout the years go by. That brom is great too. I only have one and it's growing pups.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 15:13

Happy Birthday! Someone gave you a wonderful present. Enjoy the day, and the present. :)

o

Hi Happy B-day and yes that is a great gift....linda

o

Love the heart! Is it a hang-on-the-wall type, or sit on the table? Happy Belated Birthday, Valerie! Nice gift! Great Brom too!

o

Hi everyone. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a great day! :)

I'm having a little bit of trouble with the succulent heart already. Seems that it's not drying out, so a couple of succulents molded and rotted. Not sure how long the creator meant for the succulents to be in there. But I haven't watered it since I got it and it's still wet. :(

Rosemarie, it's a sit on the table plant. The person who gave it to me said they tried to get a heart hanging wreath but the were out of them. :)

o

I've seen these wreaths are made with cuttings that are either rooted or not rooted. The most common way I've seen online is the not rooted one. So it stands to reason that some will rot in place if the moss stays wet too long and the plants are too closely packed for good air circulation.

First, if there is a wire structure that forms the heart, you might be able to attach a wire to it and hang it outdoors in a partially shaded area. Let it hand so the water can drip out and the air can help dry it. Then water it when needed.

o
re: happy birthday : belated

Wow that was a nice birthday treat I bet, even someone who doesnt like succulents would melt when they saw that piece of art.

Greg

o

Hi Penny, that's a great idea. I'm in the construction field, so I'm sure I could get one of my guys to rig it so I could hang it. Thanks for the idea!!! :)

Hi Greg, yeah, the buyer isn't a very plant friendly person but she loved it and knew I would too. :)

o

Greg, I love your screen name, btw! lol I see you're in Sunnyvale. I'm in San Jose. Howdy neighbor!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here