Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bubble type spots on aeonium leaves

Posted by pennyhal 11Sunset23 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 14:52

I would post a photo of my problem, but it doesn't show up well in a picture. I was noticing some bumps on the leaves of an aeonium I have in a basket with some other plants. The bumps were various sizes, flatish, no color variance, on both top and bottom surfaces. I felt them and they were firm but felt a little sticky but no evidence of insects, except for an empty spider web that was attached to it. I removed the entire plant, put it in the trash thinking I'd try to get a photo the next day. Except the next day, the spots were black and the rest of the plant was still green.

Does anyone have an idea as to what this might be?

Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bubble type spots on aeonium leaves

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 15:47

soft scale?

o

Not like any scale I've ever seen. Bigger, blister like.

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 20:52

Oedema ......

Al

o

Thanks, Al. I'm sure that's it.

Had a change in weather. Coastal fog started coming in deeper and staying longer and temps dropped. It'd been warm and sunny then fog, back and forth, but I didn't adjust my watering schedule. I stayed on my full sun and dry routine.

Penny

o

Confucius say problem with leaf start with watering can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here