Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero

B4 I switch to Flickr, TESTing

rosemariero
10 years ago

I'm considering moving all my pix from Photobucket to Flickr. Trying out posting a pic. Not sure I want to download & then upload a gazillion pix. (Unless someone knows an easy way to do it~please enlighten me!)

Hey, while I'm at it...if ANYONE ever finds an Aloe (hemmingii) like this one, with really BIG teeth...please let me know...or buy it for me (I'll reimburse)!! :D I no longer have it. :(

Can you tell me if you can click either of these to go to larger pix?

{{gwi:567621}}

and a thumbnail
{{gwi:567622}}

Comments (26)

• oldstumpy1 Long Island ny
    10 years ago

Rosemarie
    if I click on either picture it tells me I have to open
    a yahoo account.

Richard

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Richard. That helps. Tells me I have to make the pic public for others to see. I'll go change & come back to say I have in a minute. Then maybe someone else would like to try it.

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay, someone please click/try these & let me know if it goes to larger pic on Flickr:
    {{gwi:567622}}

{{gwi:567623}}

Thanks! Rosemarie

10 years ago

It works now

Richard

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

...a bunch, Richard!

Will have to think about this. Might end up keeping my smileys & animations in a free PB acct. All links will be broken to past pix used here if I move & delete. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions!

• brodyjames_gw
    10 years ago

Both show up larger for me.

Nancy

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy! I'm guessing the 2nd set of pix works, not the first set (as they are still on private setting).

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Both the first and second pics worked for me,also allowed me to see your dog and your outside xmas lights.Don't know if you wanted them to show or not.HTH
    Kathi

• Colleen E
    10 years ago

Both sets work for me, but I have a Flickr account. :)

• nat_lia
    10 years ago

Rosemarie :) All of the pictures you posted work for me and show larger pics.

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the input, ladies! More things for me to figure out.

Good to know, Kathi. The top banner has to be public...photo of my dog, Woody used for that ~so all can see. The Christmas lights were public, but I have since changed them to private, so no one should be able to see those anymore.

Puzzle to me now...as if you really want to know...is why all can see both sets of pix! I copied the Aloe pix & put in a different "set" & made that one public. The 1st Aloe pix are in a set that is private. Colleen, you are my "friend" on Flickr, but I haven't set any pix for others to see just yet...besides these last Aloe & the dog pic.

Hmmm. More head-scratching!

10 years ago

Rosemarie
    what ever you changed both set are working for me now.

Richard

• mrlike2u
    10 years ago

Good pics too, on your Flicker page even better in crisp and clear for this Mozzilla browser both worked for both of your test post.

Critique: for those who cant but still try to encourage others to do betterNot a big fan of printed info for copy rights in the view of the main focused item but copyright is what it is.
    Great pics..... nice pod or tripod you have there too ?

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

Works well for me, I like it. I have a Flickr account, but use Picasa mainly, don't know why that is not too popular on the forums. Never bothered with Photobucket.

Christopher.

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Hi RoRo,

Both sets of pix work for me & both, on double clicking will go larger. Don't know if it's relevant that I'm on both Photobucket & Yahoo myself.

Good looking toothy Aloe there!

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    10 years ago

OK Rosemarie... They work but I have a greater point of interest to me. Why are you jumping ship? Is there something about Flickr that works better or the pictures look better or what?

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Again, thanks to all for your input. It is greatly appreciated while I work out these details!

I'm guessing now...that once you make particular pix viewable to the public, then they are public no matter what album they are in. Doesn't seem right, but maybe I'll figure out something else later.

Thanks, Wes. Glad the pix are crisp. I don't like having the writing on the pix either, but have been forced in that direction (by this site's owners- TOS) & folks who have decided they can lift my pix without asking. Just trying to make it a tad more difficult to remove my name. I'm sure there are ways around it. At least I don't put name right across the middle, like proofs. Not sure what you mean about a tripod (do you see one?)...but no, I don't use one (should, but haven't gotten there yet).

Christopher, I also use Picasa. I like it, but use it for things other than forums. While I'm here & thinking about it, trying a Picasa pic, to see if it works.{{gwi:567624}}

Each online site has its pros & cons. I started with Photobucket...no, I take that back. I started with Photopoint! Anyone recall using that one? It went bankrupt (right after collecting my membership fee)! I paid WAY too much moola to get 16 CDs of pix back from the company that took over (Sony ImageStation??)! That was back when you had to scan all your pix into your computer! Sorry, I digress!

Karen, not sure if it matters about Photobucket or Yahoo. I think those & Google are interconnected now. At least, with Flickr, I know I have to make the pic viewable by the public to be seen here by all, regardless of belonging to any particular online photo-hosting site. Thanks on the Aloe!

Howard, I was thinking how to eliminate yearly fees I pay. Flickr offered a terabyte of space free, with higher resolution. I think I just figured out it won't make much difference to me having a free acct with Photobucket, so I will probably keep it. I don't upload high res pix there anyway. Will have 2GB of space free (have 22GB now that I don't use). All this exercise to figure out I need do NOTHING! Ha! I like to be able to do batch thumbnails from PB. Not sure that is available at any others. I was concerned about privacy issues.
    I still believe people can get your pix from Flickr via Google. At the site they can't, but there are other ways. I have found my pix on the web, on other peep's sites/blogs. Not nice!

This link ~same as one below, should take you to our latest succulents ~of a different fare (OT -so I won't mind if you guys aren't interested-just some things keeping me busy these days).

I've got to stop. This is getting quite long-winded!
    Thanks for your help!!
    http://flic.kr/s/aHsjFVBKXm

Here is a link that might be useful: Succulent babes -horsey kind

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

I know what you mean about people lifting our pictures.Had that happen to me once that I know of ,of one of the pictures I posted of my epiphylium(sp) that was so loaded with blooms.

I was looking on an epi site one day for other colors and lo and behold there was my pic.I knew it was mine as it was setting in front of a bunch of cinder blocks when the neighbor and we were making the wall between our houses.
    Kathi

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

I take it as a compliment from a non creative somewhat morally weak desperate short cutting type of person. I enjoy taking pictures and if people lift it for their own purposes, my life is too busy to get hung up on it and man can I take more pictures. I used to feel somewhat violated and pissed off but go for it, If you want to lift my pictures. I know one lady took one of my floral scans and did a 8' painting of it and Another lady is using another picture for a painting. I am still a little miffed about that. Because I guess they are misrepresenting my vision as theirs. An artist should have their own vision.

• mrlike2u
    10 years ago

{{gwi:567625}}

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I suppose it could be taken as a compliment (or flattery, as someone once suggested). I would like to be asked permission or at least given credit. If it is for personal use (storing for help in identifying down the road, I'm okay with that), much better than them profiting by it. But once a person decides to post online for others to see, that's a different matter. I am, by no means, a pro photographer, but I have sold photos in the past. I have been asked, on occasion, if my photos could be used as wallpaper (on their personal laptop/computer). Whole point is..."with permission". It's a courtesy.

I feel for you, Kathi. That is just the type of situation I am talking about.

Mara, I'd be miffed too. I am an artist...and yes, those people misrepresented your art as theirs! Exactly!

Okay~let's just say it irks me. I try to take steps to ensure/not let myself get all riled up! :P

Ha ha ha, Wes! Yes..crack up!!

• mrlike2u
    10 years ago

Pic was posted compliments of Photobucket... Was going to show the other side but was worried about cyber theft .

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

rosemariero,
    I viewed your picture and left clicked it. It gave me a choice of sizes. I picked out the largest one and it got bigger in the Flicker site. I think it was Medium 640 from Medium 500.
    Stush

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Stush! I appreciate the input!
    Wes, yeah, come on, show it! I wanna steal it!!

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    10 years ago

rosemarie

Did you switch to Flickr?
    Rina

• rosemariero
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No, Rina. I've had the Flickr account since 2005. It was fun messing with it. If I ever need to load high resolution pix to post somewhere, that'll be the place to go. I don't like having to make the album/pix public in order to post here.

For my purposes, keeping the pix at Photobucket worked out better for me. I can still get links for a whole slew of thumbnails to post. At Flickr, could only do one at a time. Well, to be honest, I didn't go to the forums there to ask & find out. Call me Lazy...or Busy!

I can switch to a free acct at Photobucket when my paid one is up. I don't use more than is allotted for a free acct. I didn't think moving 500+ albums was warranted. Not moving, doesn't break a bunch of links to stuff already used.

So, still a posting fool...with pix!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz