Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob61_gw

A look at some of my plants

bob61
10 years ago

A variegated Euphorbia milii and cactus and aloes.

Comments (19)

• bob61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Some cactus I've been hovering over for a while.

• bob61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

More cactus

• wiley1983
    10 years ago

wow , i looooooove your collection, wish my collection looks like this, i think it may be like this soon, lol . would you be interested in getting rid of and cuttings???

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    10 years ago

Good looking plants, all of them.
    What is that round/ball-like plant in first photo, bottom center of the pic?

Rina

• qsis
    10 years ago

Spectacular, Bob!

Thanks for sharing!

Lee

• qsis
    10 years ago

Spectacular, Bob!

Thanks for sharing!

Lee

• bob61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wiley Nothing to let go of now. Rina the plant I think you are talking about is Deuterocohnia brevifolia.

Bob

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    10 years ago

Bob

Thanks, that's the one. I didn't know the name, only have seen in photos. Beautiful plant, but all of them are.
    Rina

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    10 years ago

sorry, double post-deleted

This post was edited by rina_ on Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 19:30

• teisa
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Those are specacular plants.. Thanks for sharing.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

What kind of Aloe is that on the left side of Pic #1? Beautiful.

• bob61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

wantonamara The Aloe is one I picked up at Home Depot this spring called Sparkler. It's holding it's shape well and not elongating. I like the wide short leaves. It's a soft leaved plant.
    Home Depot's here in Shreveport have gone overboard with Cactus and succulents this year. Hope they keep it up. They have sold out and reordered a couple of times.

Bob

• seedmoney
    10 years ago

Bob,
    Fabulous plants!
    I notice they are growing outside--how do you protect your cacti from rain?

• bob61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

seedmoney Shreveport is not like most of Louisiana. We stay in a semi drought condition most of the time. If a hurricane were to show its face I would move them but that happens maybe once every 10 years or so. I'm thanking about ordering some really dry growers soon so I will need to have them in a protected place. I do like a challenge so I'll try them. I do grow in a fast draining mix and guess that helps.

Bob

• notolover
    10 years ago

Very healthy plants and a nice variety. That's interesting about Shreveport having a different climate than what I would expect in Louisiana.

• rosemariero6
    10 years ago

Fantastic collection, Bob! I'll have to go back & peruse them again! Thanks for sharing with us! I like that Aloe 'Sparkler', too!

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

None of my A. deltoideodonta have rosettes that large. I was attracted to it because it looked so similar to what I was researching just before I clicked on this thread. Weird. I was seeing that A deltoideodonta var contigua has a large rosette and a spotted varient. A synonym for it is Aloe imalotensis var longiracesmosa ( spotted variation) looks a lot like Sparkler. Strange, I was just looking at it yesterday. I guess Kelly Griffen didn't have to do much tweaking to get itready for tissue cultures. Beautiful aloe. Thank you.

• 100mphtortoise
    10 years ago

Bob61, I was wondering if you could tell me what the cactus in pic #3 fifth one from the bottom right is. I have got one ive been trying to I.d. For two years and can't figure it out. Thank you, jashawa

• bob61
    Original Author
    10 years ago

100mphtortoise The plant is Gymnocalycium denudatum. The common name is spider cactus.

Bob

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022