Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bikerdoc5968

Tell me the Truth!

Earlier this year I purchased an Echeveria 'Mauna Loa' because it is supposed to be another of the carbuncular Echeveria, like Echeveria 'Paul Banyan'. When I received the plant, there were NO markings of any kind. In fact, the plant looked nothing like the pictured plant on the vendor's website. Of course, I contacted the vendor and he replied that the hybrid was variable and just grow it in a sunny location and it will get carbuncles. Well, I doubted what he said straight away because he had been growing it in the sun! I do know from personal experience with my Paul Banyan (I think that is what it is or some other E. gibbiflora hybrid) will lose its marking and color in the winter but the summer sun brings everything back into play. I've had this Mauna Loa in full sun all summer long from dawn to dusk and to date nary a lump or a bump! So is this hybrid that variable and I just got the one without lumpy bumpies or what????? Or as I suspect, it isn't what I ordered in the first place. Not much I can do bout it now but enjoy the flowers that should open in a couple of months. The pictures are from today and I don't have to tell you which one is the Paul Banyan.... or do I....LOL

Oh, BTW, I must have a dozen or so of the Paul Banyan so you all know my email.....

{{gwi:568387}}

{{gwi:568388}}

{{gwi:568389}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor