Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
c.ovata growing in a strange way

Posted by nikki702 London UK (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 16:50

I grew a plant from a variegated leaf and although the plant is green it is growing in a different way. It appears to be growing three leaves before growing the next three and the leaves seem to be at an angle like they are twisting. Has anyone seen this before? I am posting from my phone so not sure if the pic will work.

Thanks

Nikki :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: c.ovata growing in a strange way

It looks normal in that pic I need to take another

o

Whatever you think it's doing, I'd suggest you try not to worry, 'cause it looks very healthy in color & plumpness.

o

• Posted by whip1 z5 ne Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 9:18

All of the Jades I've seen grow leaves in pairs. Growing the three leaves is odd. Nothing unhealthy, just different.

o

Nikki,

If you think it took a left when it should have been right, no worries - the plant looks happy.

o

I agree, it looks just fine!
I believe it was Jade Man (Doug) who had a triple-leaf mutation arise from variegated
leaves that he rooted. Let me see if I can find the Thread: Crassula obliqua mutation

Josh

o

That was a great link. I like that 3 leaf mutation.

o

i would take good care of your mutation. it may be one of the desperately sought after jades in the next decade, who can say if it does not survive.

good luck

Doug

o

it should be some special mutation highly sought after by collectors that only garden web members have ... just me ? ok ... ( ._.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here