Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echeveria minima

Posted by mfyss w. Ill. (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 17:09

Altman plants distributed by WalMart are wonderful and beautifully labelled. E. minima is in bloom, and it may be correctly id'ed, but the plant is not so very small. The inflorescence is minimal, the flowers very small, but I still wonder if they may have gotten it wrong.

The are also selling E. mazarine, but I haven't found such a name and assume it may be a common name, etc. Yale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echeveria minima

This is my Echeveria minima. The rosettes are quite small and the leaves narrow. So I wonder??? I didn't get mine from one of the big box stores but have seen them there. That doesn't mean the vendor from whom I purchased mine is correct, either.

o

Nice plants, Yale & Howard! =) I think you both have E. minima! It would help to have something in the pic for scale. But I'm pretty sure both fall in the range for this one.

Now to bore you with my plants, past & present! :P
Older plants have the chap stick & penny. Another with lots of darker blooms. Newer ones with penny, potted up today. Whee! The smaller one has pale yellow buds. The larger has pale buds & one bloom. It will be interesting to see if they darker up at all.

buds (pale yellow) on smaller plant photo DSC_1376Echeveriaminima_zps944dbbb1.jpg buds (pale) on larger plant photo DSC_1375FlwrbudsEcheveriaminima_zps8525bcd5.jpg 2013 minima, 2 planted, potted up photo DSC_1374Echeveriaminimawfl_zps8cfec373.jpg

2013 minima photo DSC_1373Echeveriaminima_zps87ecb9b3.jpg 2013 minima photo DSC_1372Echeveriaminima_zps4fcf89b5.jpg 2013 minima photo DSC_1371Echeveriaminima_zpse29dcd73.jpg

minima flowering, darker blooms photo IMG_5023Echeverialgrthanminima_zps17fca9da.jpg minima w penny photo IMG_2701Echeveriaminima_zps6f58be9b.jpg

minima w penny photo IMG_2700Echeveriaminima_zps6446a2f2.jpg minima w penny, others E. colorata (I thought 'Tippy') photo IMG_2699Echeveriacolorata3wminima_zpsc9e066fb.jpg

o

Great plants, everyone - this plant is a very fond memory. I had it for many years in San Diego and delighted in its diminutiveness. Still do, truth be told.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here