Pic

o
RE: Grandma christmas cactus cutting from 1810

Pic

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 22:35

The second and third pic aren't showing up for me. I'll be happy to see 'em! Looks like one immense plant.

o

to bad it is not in bloom...Yes , I am always guilty of wanting more and yes, I am amazed. I want to see the WHOLE plant.

...Did I you happen to get a cutting?

o

From 1810 ? Woah! That thing must be insanely large!

o

Calculating by what is known about the objects around it.
Based on the fence in back close would be 22 feet across distance from fence 28 feet 30 feet wide is still very realistic

A world record biggest and oldest plant of this type, maybe

Naturally the hort center may and could sell the general public as visitors to this center cuttings of this plant. Chances are better the for sale cuttings wouldn't come from this actual plant but from one of the same type.

One rule from all/most plant growing and visitor centers and gardening shows is DON'T TOUCH. As some plants are more toxic than others this rule protects both the plant from free hands just taking and the horticultural centers from legal issues if toxic.

o

It appears to be in amazingly good health. Usually when I see a plant of that age, it shows some weathering of sorts. It would be great to see it in bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here