Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lady_ee

Euphorbia White Ghost and Other Special Babies

lady_ee
13 years ago

{{gwi:571642}}

{{gwi:571644}}

This Euphorbia white ghost is one of my newest and defiantly my most distinguished member of my cacti and succulent family. I got him from a nursery of of town that supply's Garden Centres all around New Zealand. Its so nice of them to let the public have a poke around, and they are so welcoming! I've have been asking every time I go there for a while if this Euphorbia is for sale and had always been told 'no' they where going to be used for cuttings, so I was very happy when this time I was told yes! Isn't he/she beautiful?!?!

{{gwi:571646}}

Here is my Euphorbia Milli. It has had a rough time lately, when I bought it it had to be posted and ended up sitting in the post depot in dry bark for a long weekend (three days) and being early winter its taking a while to recover.

{{gwi:571647}}

{{gwi:571648}}

Here also is my eight month old adenium obesum, biggest of the bunch I started from seed in November.

{{gwi:571649}}

{{gwi:571650}}

And here is my baby Adenium Socotranum I just started from seed.

{{gwi:571651}}

Here is a mixed seed with a really nice shape.

{{gwi:571652}}

And a Zahra seedling that I think will turn out quite interesting, I nipped the main stalk off when it was younger to get in to branch like this. I have better pics off it. Hope you all enjoy my photos :).

Comments (7)

• bamboo_turtles
    13 years ago

I'm a big fan on Adeniums and love them muches ... The Euphorbia " ghost " is very very cool . There's a local nursery here in Austin that has one for about $100 I'm thinking of seriously getting . It's about a five foot plant with minor sunburns ( to be expected? ) ... Enjoy the plants , thanks for sharing photos .

• kaktuskris
    13 years ago

What a beautiful Euphorbia 'White Ghost'! Wish I could find one or a cutting around here! I have the normal form, Euphorbia lactea, but your plant is stunning. And your Adeniums are amazing also. You are in New Zealand? Must be something in the soil, the water or the air there!

Christopher

• newnewnie
    13 years ago

I gotta say, I'm most impressed with the adenium obesums you started from seed. I can't remember, where you the one who started 100 (or some big number like that) and all of them germinated?

• lady_ee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys :). Yes I was so excited to get the Euphorbia 'white ghost' its so beautiful its almost doesn't seem like a real plant, more like an alien maybe :P.

Wow bamboo turtles five foot! They are super slow growing I'm told so imagine how old it is! The lady who sold mine to me said it must always stay inside as it is very sensitive to the sun.

kaktuskris- I think there must be something they like about New Zealand because in summer they nearly grew before my eyes! I have photo's taken about every two weeks (I had a young baby who slept often then, now I have a toddler I have to keep them away from!) and I look back and am amazed at there growth! They have all but stopped now though, or so it seems. Where are you from?

Newnie- no I didn't have a hundred and all germinated, but I have about 80 now! I brought the seeds in lots five with varying germination results. My husband would get a shock if I germinated 100 at one time, heehee.

For those who haven't please check out my other post 'My babies (2nd try)' for more adenium pics :P.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    13 years ago

Wonderful plants! The 'White Ghost' is quite amazing.

• kaktuskris
    13 years ago

lady ee:

I've never seen a Euphorbia 'White Ghost' for sale anywhere near New Hampshire, USA, where I live. Didn't know you Kiwis were such succulent fans.

Christopher

• lady_ee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well Christopher, there are common succulents are in almost every garden here (a gross generalization). But I have never seen another Adenium apart from my own, and nether has the lady I buy the seeds for them off (her own I mean). Also I have never seen any other Euphorbia Milli's for sale apart from mine. I brought both off trade me which is our Ebay I guess. That is why I'm so excited to see pictures of other peoples plants :).

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida