o
Id. succulents.

Posted by bromelia2010 (tropical2010@live.com.mx) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 18:34

What is the name , please ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Id. succulents.

Appears to be Graptopetalum paraguayense, a little tricky to see in the pic though.

o

No, sorry, I disagree, the rosette shape's doesn't look right for that & these leaves seem too fat for that too.

Don't know what is IS though, Grapto, Pachy, Sedum??

o

I agree the rosettes look unusual but my plant's leaves have a shape similar to this when they are new; for example when one rosette lost many of its lower and outer leaves the center resembled this. The color is right with the dense blue powder in the center and warmer colors towards the edges, and the leaves have a point to them which does not occur with the pachys. I would think that Graptopetalum paraguayense is at least a parent of this plant.

o

This is what I'm thinking your plant looks like (these are young Graptopetalum paraguayense plants):

o

I agree a Grapto- or Sedum in the mix, but seriously doubt plants in either pic above are Graptopetalum paraguayense. Hard to say. Blooms might help with its ID.

o

This is what the parent of those plants looks like:
I bought it as G. paraguayense but perhaps I was mislead. Blooms would be the definitive identifier.

o

Spapa, has this ever bloomed for you? Your parent plant looks like xGraptosedum 'Ghosty', which has yellow blooms. It is often mistaken for Graptopetalum paraguayense (which has white blooms). Also has the common name of Ghost Plant, which doesn't help in the confusion.

o

Rosemariero6, hasn't bloomed for me yet, but I think you are right. That explains my confusion, thank you for clarifying! The label actually said "Graptopetalum paraguayense/Ghosty", which I took to mean that Ghosty was another name for G. paraguayense; now I can see that they are actually two different plants. Anyways, I think the original poster may have xGraptosedum 'Ghosty' :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here