Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gasteria + silver surprise

Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 19:18

Alright, imagine my surprise, Rosemarie. Honestly!

A little beat-up in parts, but could not believe it. A D. marnier-lapostollei hybrid form with seemingly a different base color. Cannot express how excited I am. And I didn't fully realize how easy it is to injure this plant.

Wonderful four small pups of K. synsepala to combine with the K. synsepala var. dissecta form found not too long ago. Pretty happy about both forms. Stuck two in with the lovelies.

The larger of the two Aeoniums, that is fairly spotless, is showing a teensy bit of what could possibly be scale...will be treating everybody thoroughly when the sun goes down in case I'm correct.

The A. arboreum luteovariegatum looks pretty darn nice at the moment.

Sadly, I picked up an ID-less Gasteria. It is going to be fantastic when it turns to a clump.

Colleen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gasteria + silver surprise

Where is the scale?

o
RE: Gasteria + silver surprise

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 23:49

The scale I didn't specifically try to picture, and I'm certain now that's what it is, but for the most part it's toward the center of the plant and hidden under leaves a few leaf levels down from the top of the rosette. I hope the nasty things are croaking as we speak.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here