Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures,i've got pictures

Posted by kathi_mdgd 9 S.Ca (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 20:02

Here's the finished project,from a pond to a garden.

Photobucket

echinopsis,last week

Photobucket

donkeys tail

Photobucket

Jades??

Photobucket

kalanchoe in a recycled fountain

kalanchoe, kalanchoe,jade,geranium,nasturciums

papyrus

papyrus, papyrus,yellow hibiscus,banana plant

epiphylium

Photobucket

aeonium kiwi in bloom

Photobucket

??

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

papyrus

Photobucket

who am i ??

snail plant??

mother of thousands ???

butterfly plant akamother of thousands 6-12

Getting carried away here!!! LOL,LOL Enjoy the view.
Kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures,i've got pictures

Love the pictures! What is that Euphorbia behind the re-purposed fountain? Also that last picture I believe is Kalanchoe delagoensis x daigremontiana 'Pink Butterflies', I might be wrong but I am pretty sure since it is a plant on my want list. : )

Again beautiful plants.

Glenn

o

Wow, now I am breathless. You always have a way with making things look so spectacular! I'll bet people that come for a visit are quite impressed.
If you are going to give up a pond, which I love by the way, then that would be the way to go.

Thanks for showing us.

Mike

o

Love what you've done with your pond Kathi. I'm toying with filling in one of ours, lighten the work load for DH. Now that the big cherry tree has been cut down this spot gets more sun, a succulent garden perhaps :). I'd have to sink the pots with the tender ones, won't winter here too much rain. You have some real beauties, love that last echeveria do you know which one it is? And... that pink epi is gorgeous.

Annette

o

Glenn,that a crown of thorns,that's the one i asked about a few weeks ago as it grows so tall and lanky.My other one is much shorter and fuller,also different color.When i got the 2nd one it was yellow,now it's a peachy color.

Yes Mike people are always impressed with my yard,gardens and flowers,and even more impressed that i know the names of so many.

If you guys are interested i also posted a bunch over at the cottage garden forum today,of some of my perrinials and annuals and such.

Thanks for the comments.
Kathi

o

• Posted by alex_i 8 Las Vegas, NV (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 22:19

Kathi,
Too bad you had to give up your pond for the garden and not keep both. But you have a beautiful garden-pond!

Alex.

o

All are beautiful . The pale grey with a pink core on the sempeviren is gorgeous.

o

Very nice Kathi. Love the papery delicate cactus flowers.

o

Thanks everyone,that pond was dh's he built it in 1999 after suffering a small stroke.Then this past april(2012) he almost met his maker again,only this time it was more serious.He had a subdural hematoma,and had 2 brain surgeries with a week of each other,to have the blood clots removed and the bleeding stopped.I call him my miracle man,and the dr's agree with me.

Anyway after he recovered,he decided he didn't want to bother with the pond anymore as it was no longer a joy to him between the crows eating the fish and the neighbors cats using the perimeter for their potty,so he said,i'll turn it into a garden,so i said let's make it a low maintenance garden,like a succulent garden.He liked that idea,and the rest they say is history.

Wantomara,i don't know what that semp is,i got it and the other one at the .99cent store.When i saw them there i hurried up and grabbed them and 2 or 3 others that day,they were soooooo healthy and nice,but like most stores,no tags on them and i havn't taken the time to look them up.

Don't forget to visit the Cottage Garden Forum and see the post there!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here