Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
misselle_gw

Thought I'd share some pics :)

Misselle
9 years ago

Haya :) Thought I'd share some pics! Being pretty new to this whole thing, I'm sure I'm doing some things people may not agree with, so any advice and id's on different plants would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments (17)

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Next bunch

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ones that got cut off in the last pic ( Thankfully I seem to be better at keeping my plants alive then I do at photography!)

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And some more :)

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And more! I've gone from about half a dozen to something like 75 since Christmas (It's becoming a bit of an addiction!)

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And an ID on this one if possible. Sorry about the blurriness!

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another ID?

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Unfortunately this one got eaten by something, but it's coming back well, thank goodness!

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is just so cool! I've never seen anything like it

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This little guy is interesting. He came in the same pot as another one. To start with I wasn't sure what it was, so I potted it on it's own to see how it went. As it gets bigger, it's obvious it's not a weed but I'm still not sure about it....

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is cool too. It's tyring to flower I think, but it's been like that for almost weeks. I think it might belong to the aloe family?

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok, I had more but I think I've bombarded everyone enough! Thanks again for taking the time to check them out :)

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

Hi Misselle!
    Welcome!
    That's quite the collection of plants! Very nice!
    I am horrible with names, so hopefully others will chime in soon and help.
    Your very last picture is an aloe, and yes, they can be slow to bloom. :-) I get impatient with mine. lol..

The one above it seems to be an Aloe or Agave.

I believe the pretty little variegated one a little further up is portulacaria afra aka Elephant bush

The one in bloom that you mentioned the photo blurry may be a Senecio

It is important that you learn all the names or at least the family the plants are from to know the proper care. Especially on the mixed dishes. Many grow at different times of the year.

Good luck!
    I will be watching this and learning with you. :-)

• jojosplants
    9 years ago

First pic, top shelf to the left and one below it redish in color may be Kalanchoe Luciae (Thyrsiflora) aka Flap Jack

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

Your 21:31 post - Portulacaria afra variegata
    Your 21:34 post - Kalanchoe pumila

This post was edited by cactusmcharris on Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 12:36

• KittieKAT
    9 years ago

The one your NOT sure I'd it's a Weed looks like a plant i find hijacking and growing in my sans. Cylindrical plant I'm still in the WTF is it, I'll just let IT grow and find out stage hahaha

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone :-) I find it really hard to id things online as some look so simular, yet are different and look different yet are related lol. Then I have some I think are the same, but maybe just different colouration.... its hard here cause all the growers are really relaxed and a bit not caring, so trying to source advice is difficult. I've been thinking about joining a cactus and succulent club the next city over. They meet about once a month I think, so it might be a good place for me to be able to bounce ideas off people in the know. Well anyway, thanks again. And I agree KittieKat, if in doubt just let it grow til you figure it out lol

• Misselle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone :-) I find it really hard to id things online as some look so simular, yet are different and look different yet are related lol. Then I have some I think are the same, but maybe just different colouration.... its hard here cause all the growers are really relaxed and a bit not caring, so trying to source advice is difficult. I've been thinking about joining a cactus and succulent club the next city over. They meet about once a month I think, so it might be a good place for me to be able to bounce ideas off people in the know. Well anyway, thanks again. And I agree KittieKat, if in doubt just let it grow til you figure it out lol

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm