Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul__gw

hmm, wonder which plants may still be there

paul_
11 years ago

Went up to visit the folks this past weekend (about 4 hrs north of my apt) and won't be heading home for a few more days. With the hot summer temps already here, I had relocated almost all of my succulents outside on my balcony. This evening a rather impressive storm system came through my folks' area -- don't know if it went far enough south to reach where I live. I was actually at a Lowes garden center when it hit. The wind was strong enough that even under the roofed outdoor section one still got wet. I was about 30ft (about 9m?) or more in from the roof edge but as the deluge pounded down, the wind whipped a spray of fine droplets horizontally through the entire length of the garden center. On the one hand it was very impressive to see -- haven't seen a storm like that in years. On the other, is the realization that if those high winds did indeed reach far enough south of here to sweep across my balcony (I'm on the 3rd floor), I could very well find myself missing quite a few plants. No, I'm not going to agonize over this -- wouldn't do any good to do so -- but I am going to be interested to see just how they fared.

Comments (2)