Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

4 more for identification

I couldn't resist, these came home with me too. No names unfortunately but I'm sure you guys can put names to them for me :).

{{gwi:577634}}

{{gwi:577635}}

{{gwi:577637}}

#4 Kalanchoe? if so which one

{{gwi:577639}}

Annette

Comments (12)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

Sedum, Sedum, Crassula and Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi v. fedtschenkoi.

After midnight, we don't leave without Crassulaceae.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

sedum rubrotinctum aurora is the first picture.

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

I agree...
    Sedum rubrotinctum 'Aurora'
    Sedum rubrotinctum
    Crassula conjuncta
    Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow!!! that was fast you guys are good. I have more that need ID's but have to take photos first. This time round I'm putting photos in an album, if I lose tags I'll still be able to put a name to them :).

Thanks,
    Annette

• Beachplants
    11 years ago

Lovely
    Rosemarie, I think C. perforata is the correct name, C. conjuncta is a synonym?

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

I bought a conjuncta from lowes (even though those tags can be wrong) and it looks like that ones clone so im guessing its a synonym

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Sorry for The double post but heres something about the crassula

Here is a link that might be useful: Crassula thingy

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Rian, this plant is huge in comparison to C. perforata. It also has thicker leaves & a blue tint to it. I have seen it called C. perfossa, as in Zeck's link. I believe in the past, folks used these names as synonyms, calling this plant (Annette's above) the "large form" of C. perforata.

Not a great pic, but only one I could find right now showing difference between C. perforata & C. conjuncta.
    {{gwi:577640}}

• lzrddr
    11 years ago

There are many varieties of Crassula perforata, with variegates, miniatures, etc... but all have that same sort of flower.. many forms of Crassula rupestris look similar, too, but have different looking flowers. I am pretty sure both those are Crassula perforata, but if the bigger one makes a large head of pinkish flowers, then it is C rupestris.

• Beachplants
    11 years ago

Actually the answer is in the flower length as well. The C. rupestris do not have elongated inflorescence, but some perforata may have shorter inflorescence, you go to a difference in the bracts at the nodes where inflorescence is produced. This in addition to lzrddr's comments.

Rosemarie think about the size difference in the many forms of C. capitella.

Here is some other interesting notes: Lamarck who described C. perfossa, did not know of C. perforata Thunb. when he did his and it was later maintained (1828) due to the dried material that was used and hydathodes that could not be seen. Long story... Anyway Tolken (1977) put all above as synonyms of Crassula perforata..PHEEEW! LOL! By the way, I find this type of reading interesting!

Oh, I have both above and the big (C. perfossa) one is beautiful and more striking than the smaller version for sure!

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Thanks for all additional information, Geoff & Rian! =)

Okay then~ a large form of C. perforata!
    The inflorescence in my photo belongs to the large form. It broke off the one on the left (back).

C. capitella is a good example, Rian! :D

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    Original Author
    11 years ago

O.K. guys, I need you to tell me again, which Crassula do I have :).

Annette

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022