Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4 more for identification

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 22:42

I couldn't resist, these came home with me too. No names unfortunately but I'm sure you guys can put names to them for me :).

#4 Kalanchoe? if so which one

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4 more for identification

Sedum, Sedum, Crassula and Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi v. fedtschenkoi.

After midnight, we don't leave without Crassulaceae.

o

sedum rubrotinctum aurora is the first picture.

o

I agree...
Sedum rubrotinctum 'Aurora'
Sedum rubrotinctum
Crassula conjuncta
Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi

o

Wow!!! that was fast you guys are good. I have more that need ID's but have to take photos first. This time round I'm putting photos in an album, if I lose tags I'll still be able to put a name to them :).

Thanks,
Annette

o

Lovely
Rosemarie, I think C. perforata is the correct name, C. conjuncta is a synonym?

o

I bought a conjuncta from lowes (even though those tags can be wrong) and it looks like that ones clone so im guessing its a synonym

o

Sorry for The double post but heres something about the crassula

Here is a link that might be useful: Crassula thingy

o

Rian, this plant is huge in comparison to C. perforata. It also has thicker leaves & a blue tint to it. I have seen it called C. perfossa, as in Zeck's link. I believe in the past, folks used these names as synonyms, calling this plant (Annette's above) the "large form" of C. perforata.

Not a great pic, but only one I could find right now showing difference between C. perforata & C. conjuncta.

o

There are many varieties of Crassula perforata, with variegates, miniatures, etc... but all have that same sort of flower.. many forms of Crassula rupestris look similar, too, but have different looking flowers. I am pretty sure both those are Crassula perforata, but if the bigger one makes a large head of pinkish flowers, then it is C rupestris.

o

Actually the answer is in the flower length as well. The C. rupestris do not have elongated inflorescence, but some perforata may have shorter inflorescence, you go to a difference in the bracts at the nodes where inflorescence is produced. This in addition to lzrddr's comments.

Rosemarie think about the size difference in the many forms of C. capitella.

Here is some other interesting notes: Lamarck who described C. perfossa, did not know of C. perforata Thunb. when he did his and it was later maintained (1828) due to the dried material that was used and hydathodes that could not be seen. Long story... Anyway Tolken (1977) put all above as synonyms of Crassula perforata..PHEEEW! LOL! By the way, I find this type of reading interesting!

Oh, I have both above and the big (C. perfossa) one is beautiful and more striking than the smaller version for sure!

o

Thanks for all additional information, Geoff & Rian! =)

Okay then~ a large form of C. perforata!
The inflorescence in my photo belongs to the large form. It broke off the one on the left (back).

C. capitella is a good example, Rian! :D

o

O.K. guys, I need you to tell me again, which Crassula do I have :).

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here