Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
YOU and Your Plants!

Posted by KittieKAT none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 23:51

Decided to make a thread for people to post picture's of themselves holding there favorite plant/s!
Either holding them next to there faces or taking a silly picture with one of there plant's... funny faces AND tongues showing are optional LOL!
I'LL be posting a pic of ME and MY plants real soon! Whose gonna join ME! !!

Add the name of your plant in your post, and say whatever you'd like about the plant...when YOU got it...why YOU like it...etc....etc... funny stories are welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: YOU and Your Plants!

Formal thread in archives have shades will travel Errr sumten llike dat.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cacti/msg031653518551.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Looking good guys

o

I like it! My plants in bed at the moment, but I'm so posting a pic in the morning! :-)

o

Oh i kno that nomen, just thought I'd bring it over here since more people on here then over there, I'll post pics in a min working at the moment

o

That was a thread on here, Kat. Did you think it was on the Cacti Gallery forum (over there)? Hardly anyone frequents that forum anymore, since loading pix became easier on this forum.

o

Yea, well guess I'm starting a NEW ONE then LOL!
Here's ME laying on the floor (cause MY back is killing ME! ) AFTER repotting ONE of MY jades! I JUST LOVE the colors on this one
(Excuse ME looking like crap lol prob got dirt ALL over me from laying on the floor trying to ease MY back pain!!) Oh well hahaha ! :-D

o

My turn! This little guy is my actual favourite ( shhhh don't tell the others), but he's too small for me to join in.

o

So this is me and my light crassula. I also have the plain green, but I like this guy more lol

o

So this is me and my light crassula. I also have the plain green, but I like this guy more lol

o

Hahaha there's ALWAYS one plant WE favor i gatta take a picture of this Unknown plant i have that is MY favorite, haven't found anyone who knows what IT is yet, I'll take a pic later LOL, can't Beleive no one else but US wants to get in on this thread LOL

o

Hahaha there's ALWAYS one plant WE favor i gatta take a picture of this Unknown plant i have that is MY favorite, haven't found anyone who knows what IT is yet, I'll take a pic later LOL, can't Beleive no one else but US wants to get in on this thread LOL

o

Here's a pic with my unknown?? I just love this plant to pieces, FULL SUN makes ita beautiful red and lime green

o

Here's another with one of my big boy plants! It's so big i couldn't fit myself in the pouch without just getting the top of the plant LOL

o

You have amazing plants Kat. Most of mine are pretty small, makes it difficult to get me and the plant in the pics lol

o

Small would work BETTER lol the big one's always Wanna get in a poking fight with me wheb i try To take picture's with them LOL, my Sun porch is literary filled from wall to wall, window to window, floor to floor, corner to corner...EVERY crevices i can find are filled with plants....trying to figure out how i can get the ceiling covered hmmmmmm! !! But I'm so weird when it comes to putting plant's together in a hanging basket i don't want them to fight over space ;-)

o

Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I just stole a heaps of shipping pallets from work to make more stands.... I think I need to stay away from nurseries for like 6 months lol!

o

Here's me and one of my big ones.

This post was edited by 100mphtortoise on Sun, Jun 15, 14 at 1:04

o

This post was edited by 100mphtortoise on Sun, Jun 15, 14 at 1:06

o

This post was edited by 100mphtortoise on Sun, Jun 15, 14 at 1:09

o

You and yours are some mighty nice looking pics 0r should I say family trees? I have to take a picture of me and a Sagaro 0r something BIG.

I would enjoy seeing more faces who knows maybe we could start a Year Book on the Forum.

Greg

o

Lol Greg can't wait to SEE YOUR plant pic for the year book LOL,!

I kno what u mean misselle! Me to, but i can't help but take home all the sad looking plant's from the stores haha you should see ME trying to get my haul home on my motor scooter LOL that's a show, thank God for Bundgy chords!!

100Mphtort- love YOUR cacti i saw ONE of those they other day i was gonna try and bring home LOL but i ran outta room on the scooter to take it, I'll be back for sure thoe LOL!

o

Ah, I think I just figured out what my problem is.... I own a car! It's way too easy for me to grab 10 plants, instead of 2 lol! I think I need to downsize ;)

o

Oooh trust ME i just brought home 7 plant's they other DAY on MY scooter hahaha acar got NOTHING to do with it lol

o

Woa! We got Vin Diesel over here!

o

Righto, looks like I'm keeping my car. Good thing since I only got it in November lol :-)

o

Hahaha. Name taken!

Good idea misselle!

I'll try and post and take more pics with my plant's tomorrow before work, cause no one else but a few others wanna join in on the fun!

o

Most of mine I posted pics of last week. Since I've only been collecting this year, I really only have the bigger crassula, the rest I would squash if I tried to get in a photo with them lol. Will be making more stands over the coming days, so you might see me playing with power tools lol

o

Posting pics of yourself is one of those things I think people avoid. I'm nosey, and peek in at this thread, but at the same time I'm rather secretive and don't put much about myself out there on the internet. Not to mention the ladies setting the bar pretty high right off the bat!

Joe

o

Lol, cheers Joe. I figure It's no worse then posting pics on facebook, and honestly I like you all more then most of my 'friends' on there lol. At least we have common interests here :-)

o

Have to admit it seems easier than ( honor system) tracking plastic eye wear

o

Hahaha well i figure everyone else has pretty much posted pics on other forums of themselves with plant's so SHOULDN'T be a problem to post HERE minus the cacti glasses LOL! Plus with my luck I'm prob all over the internet for modeling picture's and work ad's sooo don't matter to me. .where i live I'm one of THOSE people who gets stopped and asked if I'm ME all the time, sooo it's inevitable!
But shy People are allowed to hide behind THERE plant's AND JUST show THERE eye's or something...the internet, exspecially GW don't need anymore duck face selfies! Hahaha

Be careful with the power tools misselle!

I thought so to nomen, but then AGAIN I'm NOT really a popular person on GW..i assume people like to avoid MY posts as much as possible hahaha!

Joe, we need more pics of guys...AND people in general:-P. Don't wanna turn this thread into a place filed with JUST pics of me and my plant's. LOL

o

People I'm sure have no problem looking at pics of you and your plants. And, I don't know that I'm the most popular person myself around here. I kind of come and go, disappearing at times, usually when things get a little to heated. I'm avoiding the container gardening forum right now due to a guy constantly picking fights with people. Life is too short to argue with people on the internet, so I just take a step back when needed. As for the pics, I'll think about it, but I'm weird about "selfies" and all that hip stuff. I don't do any social networking really, although I recently made a Twitter account, but it turns out I have nothing to say, and apparently no friends either. I know, I sound all old, but I'm actually 34. I'm just not a mainstream type....I'm a quiet country type.

Joe

o

I totally agree Joe. I'm on facebook so often, that if I actually post something, I have old friends ringing to confirm I'm not dead lol! I don't think It's about being mainstream, I actually think It's about growing up and avoiding crazy people and their stupid crap, and I'm only 27 lol

o

Haha I'm 28 and work to much to do the whole internet account things, i got a Facebook i never use,LOL! Igatta Enie, meanie, Minie...Moe! Which plant I'll take a picture with next - I'm sure you'll all know when i figure IT out cause it'll be on here LOL

o

Here's ME and MY eves needle! So cute ....even thoe its got water marks on IT!

o

My favorite aloe i beleive it's a Zebra(?) Aloe. ...or tiger(?) ..pretty sure it's Zebra

o

KittieKat, its called haters, lol... Everyone enjoys looking at pictures except the haters.
Enjoyed looking at the pictures, we had started this until the cactus shades were misplaced. We were taking pics with the shades on and that came to an end. Maybe I'll place mine on here.

Ok heres one that isn't my plant but I'm next to one, this picture was taken while visiting Catalina island a couple years ago.

Greg

o

Ok heres the picture with the cactus shades, Has ANYBODY seen them?

Greg

o

Greg,
The last picture with the shades are your best. Way too cool.
Kitty,
Way to go.
I'm too shy. Wait, I think that's a song title? Wait till I get my make over.
Stush

o

Man, and I still feel terrible that I was the last to mail those glasses before attempting to send them north of the border to Jeffrey....I don't know if the package was lost in transit (Sacramento warehouse) or confiscated due to some of the dried peppers that I included for Jeff. I would have thought that I'd be contacted if I'd violated some Canadian rule.....

Greg, did the second set of glasses also disappear???

Anyhow, on topic, I don't take many pics of myself, and even fewer with plants.

Josh

o

Josh,

Why were they sent BACK to Jeff when he'd already been on that thread, much earlier on? With the shades on.

o

Lol while the search for the missing cacti glasses continue.....

Couldn't fit myself between these guys but thought I'd share anyways, how cute a snow pole cacti family!

o

Also wanted to add a thank YOU to all who have kind words to share and share THERE pictures, Greg i would have tried to steal that cacti and Bundgy cord it to the back of my scooter! Wouldn't that HAVE been a sight hahaha!

This post was edited by KittieKAT on Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 20:38

o

Yep it's a cactus and succulent forum none of which would fair well if given popularity

o

I'm not trying to add to the drama but my words are not bad and I'm still getting deleted and no one will tell me why I've never had anything but good things to say on here up until now. Please tell me why.

o

To ask GardenWeb directly, pls. scroll all the way down the page, look for 'About Us' & then click at 'Contact Us'. That should put you in direct contact w/ them & you can ask.

o

100 mile,
Can't say why but it sometimes happens to me. I type out a long answer to someone and nothings posted. So I just give up for a while then try again. It could be me but after doing this for years, I can't see what mistacks I could be making.
Stush

o

Karen,
I was sending the glasses to Jeff, as he hadn't yet received them at the time.

Josh

*edit - typo

This post was edited by greenman28 on Sun, Jun 15, 14 at 15:20

o

Karen,

I'm pictured in the second set of glasses, which went off to Tom and you, IIRC.

o

Thanks for the input stush and pirate girl much apreciated,

o

Thanks Josh & Jeff, guess I'm confused & forgot there even WAS a 2nd set of the cactus shades.

You're welcome 100mph, hope you got some answers.

o

No way or room for any face space here so just enjoy the barrel. Never mind the cactus shades for a moment & just throw on some shades and take a picture guys. Its kinda like getting in the water, just jump in!

KittieKat, lol... I know what you mean, it crossed my mind several times and then just figured, I'm about to get in an accident up in here, then my better sense kicked in ...

Greg

o

Hehe, I think the OP's intentions were for people to post pictures of themselves with their favorite plant/plants. Not many biters though. I'm not one to put a picture of myself online. I like my anonymity. ;)

Planto

o

LOL!
I'm the same way planto.... My Face Book profile is a Daisy. lol...

o

JoJo,
Lol, well... that's about the only thing you'll see of me (my FB picture). I set it to one of our wedding pictures. But, it's not a closeup so you'd have a hard time making out our faces. ;)

Planto

o

You and I are a lot alike Planto! :-)

o

Me with a tree Opuntia at my honey's mother's place...

o

Hi Christopher!
Great to see you! ;-) Nice picture and green yard all around..
I didn't know there was a tree variety. cool..

Well as for me.. I just am not comfortable taking pics period! I'm always the one with the camera or the one avoiding it period! lol...

o

JoJo,
I take that as a compliment! You seem like someone I'd love to hang with. Why is it most of us live so far apart? :/

Planto

o

Planto..
Yes, do take that as a compliment. :-) I think we'd get along great and I'd love to be able to hang out with you too. The miles apart do get frustrating when we meet nice people online. :-/

JoJo

o

Chris,
Those paddle cactus, they got to be trimmed that was and with you holding your hand against one means it has a hard woody bark. How old are they?

I always hated my picture taken. I though I didn't look good enought. Now I just don't care.

The nice part of not knowing people by pictures is that we make friends here not knowing race, creed or religion. Showing plant people are all alike inside.

o

Wow! so how many witnessed that disapearing ACT! I posted something on here someone responded to the comment and POOF!!! Now it's gone...

I don't mind that it's gone I almost wished I could of retracted what I wrote, I'm just wondering who does the editing on this site?

Greg

o

I noticed, I just thought maybe I needed more coffee.. lol..

o

Lol... Jojo, I saw it while I was drinking COFFEE! then I thought... Didn't I write something right about there... um.. then another drink... huh! Lol.. time for a MONSTER!

Greg

o

LOL!!! No.. No MONSTER! They are junk!

I had to stop and wrestle the puppy for a skein of yarn in the middle of reading this morning.. so I wasn't sure what I had seen. Thank goodness he didn't unravel my whole project. LOL!

o

• Posted by rina_ 5a Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 11:44

Greg, mods working...

I am on my 3rd cup of coffee, started to rain & maybe a wind/storm coming. Nothing as bad as some of you had recently, no hailstorm. Hope it stays that way. Just hauled all succs inside, we had some nice rain yesterday, they don't need any more water.

What are you knitting jojo?

Rina

o

We just had a tiny bit of rain! And in Arizona, we get excited! LOL! Monsoons will start soon, but my plants are fairly protected so they just stay where they are.

I'm crocheting a dress for a new baby in our family, a week old tomorrow. :-) My pup is worse than the cat!! He stole the yarn out of my craft room while I was in the kitchen! LOL!

Usually on garden web if someone reports trouble in a post, the mods watch it after that.

o

Not drinking Monster was just exaggerating about needing to wake up.
No rain for Cali but the sun is dif shinning :)

Rina, I hope your plants fair well, and you get just the right amount of water.

Does anyone use or have rain barrels? I have one and that baby is running LOW... We could use some summer rain, I just love the smell when it rains in the summer, I don't even know how I remember its been so long lol.. But I do.

Greg

o

Ok.. brew some more coffee.. ;-)

Rina~ sounds like some tough weather! Hard to imagine hail this time of year.. but then again, it's 100 degrees where I'm at. Hope all fairs well!

Our monsoon season is starting (15th was start date-August) which means rough storms, down pours, but here and there. We do need the rain!

I have a rain barrel and love it!! 55 gal! It ran dry recently / I used up what was left of the winter rain. I save milk jugs and fill them this time of year after a rain, one storm will fill it and I can't stand to see the water go to waste!

I love the smell too! We call it the wet dirt smell.. lol.. and it's not as often as we'd like that's for sure.

o

• Posted by rina_ 5a Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 12:50

You guys get more sun & heat (jojo, Greg), maybe we have little more rain?
I have bunch of rain barrels (5) & just got a large container from a friend's friend, that was used in vinery. I think they are used to hold water too, huge thing with wire cage.
Still smell like wine, lol.

Rina

o

I guess thats the up of having them in a balcony. No worries about rain, we do have a severe ts chance today in s. ontario. Im worried about the wind gusts, I have many small pots with seedlings outside and am worried they will get blown over. So I have my eye on the radar for the day. If there is a strong, defined thunderstorm line coming for Toronto at a good speed, Im moving them into my living room, which is about 30 cm from their current spot. :)

This whole show yourself thread is normal. Just about every forum has them. Even if one person is hogging the thread, so what? Atleast its keeping the thread alive. I usually dont like the whole show yourself threads and never post there because I have nothing to say. But I guess its moving a little off topic.

o

JoJo,
Thanks. *blushes*

Greg,
I noticed the post had disappeared too. I also replied, asking if her Opuntia had always been that wrinkled looking. I wonder what happened (although I'm sure I don't really want to know the answer).

Planto

o

Here's an updated image of the greenman...with the Christmas cactus that's the same age as I am :-)

Josh

o

Planto, Now you see it, now you DON'T! Boy one day they might just pay us a visit since they have all our INFO. if you guy's don't see me on here for a while you know what cudda happened. Lol.. I think..

Josh, Very good to see you on here with Christmas spirit, I mean plant.

WOW the same age? I bet it looks nice durring the blooming season.
And again, I'm glad you showed up to the party.

Rina, Right now I'm more concerned with getting more water in my barrels than having sun shine 0r maybe you can sell us your full rain barrels :) that's alot of water to have on hand.
Greg

o

Josh,
That's a great picture! And WOW! That plant is just beautiful! I can't keep one of them alive for a week, let alone years. I gave up on them. lol

Rina,
I'm not sure of our average rain fall here in Tucson, Az. But we are quite often in a state of drought! I think about 10" a year if were lucky. lol.. I'll have to research it.

There have even been a few yrs where it was so bad in the summer water was not allowed to be used to wash cars, and we were only allowed to water gardens and such 3 times a week for about 2 months! The whole city was under watch and subject to huge fines if busted.

o

Greg, I see what you mean, brother.

I made a rather innocuous comment which was deleted but that is fine.

Christopher

o

Josh,
Wowzers...
Greg,
Lol.

JoJo,
You and me both. I have a friend who has holiday cacti that grow like weeds... add those to my list of "I can't grow" plants.

Planto

o

Hey, folks!
yeah, the Christmas cactus and I have both gotten a bit too much sun in the past few weeks! :-) I have the plant in the shade now and I'll hit it with some fertilizer when next I water. Greg, it looks amazing during the blooming season.

Jojo, you could grow one of these. Bark, that's all you need.

Josh

o

I tried that Josh.. Bark with a little pumice and killed it. lol

o

...Next you've got to try screened bark, screened perlite, and a pinch of potting mix....with some Osmocote mixed in, too.

Josh

o

Josh,
So, what are you saying? JoJo can grow one but I can't? :P

Planto

o

Next? Does that mean I'm going shopping? lol...

o

Josh I know you mix alot of bark for your plants and I've tried it on my orchids with some success, are you saying or do u think it would be ok for the Epi's

Planto, don't think like that bro, if you're on this forum you have to believe that you can grow anything... Lol.. almost. (jojo)

OK... I think were about ready for another picture of one of the garden member's and by the way where has KittieKat been in the last two days??? Here kittie kittie.. Lol..

Greg

o

JoJo,
Lol.

Greg,
Haha, ty! You can call me Sista though. ;) I also was wondering where KK has been.

Planto

This post was edited by plantomaniac08 on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 21:24

o

Josh has never steered me wrong :-) He's been helping me over the years so I will have to give it another try with what he suggested. :-)

o

JoJo,
You'll have to show off your holiday cactus when you get another one then. I just know it'll look great like the rest of your plants.

I think my failure in growing them was due to the wrong potting mix. This was before I knew there was such a thing for holiday cacti, so maybe I'll try again some day too. I've seen Josh's holiday cactus before so I know they have the potential to thrive in that bark mixture (moreso than the stuff I'd put them in).

Unfortunately the INN is closed right now due to the fact that I've run out of space (oh no!), but there's always a house. A large house with a ton of windows. *nods*

Planto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here