Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
david90531

Question about using plant light indoor

DavidL.ca
9 years ago

Hi all! I've purchased a growing light so I can extend the time that my succulents can get some more light, here's the one I got:
http://www.amazon.ca/Hydrofarm-Desktop-Plant-Light-27-Watt/dp/B008UZJQMA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1403313199&sr=8-3&keywords=plant+light

{{gwi:578417}}
It is a lamp style one since that's the only kind I have space for, and it has pretty good reviews.

My question is, since my plant gets plenty of indirect light throughout the day and direct sun for 3-4 hours, when and how long should I leave my plants under these lights for? Do they have to rest from having too much light, or they could take light all the time?

Comments (2)

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

No 24 -7 lighting to much like any plant they also need a dimmer to darker time as well.
    Pointers: during summer and as often as you can ( rain free days) would open the window and leave bug screen down as heat generated from the light and bouncing off the window as well is something your plant tops wont really like without moving air . This changes mid fall and well into winter winter
    Assuming you already get a max of 6 hours of natural light from outside you want to time the light to turn on about 30 minutes after the sun departs the area where plants are and time it off at sun set or just prior to.

• DavidL.ca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Okay, right now I leave the light on for about 2-3 hours after the sun down, and I rotate the plants around everyday so they can all get some extra light. My window is often opened during the day for some good airflow, I can't take off the bug screen though.