Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Kalanchoe

Posted by osanwo (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 0:29

Hi,
Bought this K.Blossfeldiana about 6 mths ago and it started off doing pretty well but has been steadily declining 2 mths ago.
The leaves are turning yellow then brown and I have to remove quite a lot of them. New leaves do not look very healthy as well. It's placed in an area with indirect sunlight and watered about once a week.

Any ideas as to what might be the cause? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Kalanchoe

Hi,
I don't grow these but I would pull it out of the pot and look at the roots. If there is rot remove it down to healthy tissue.
Then repot in fresh soil and water sparingly and keep out of direct sun for awhile. If the root are ok, repot it in new soil and keep an eye on it. The picture you have shared looks like may be an over watering issue. Hope this helps
good luck!
Fred

o

thats far too much water and not enough light.

o

I can grow these under lights (about 30 %) of the day time bright to direct sun light they can handle when growin out side
Anytime I want yellowing leaves like yours all I have to do is turn off the fans for a couple days and let the heat from the lamps pound heat onto them.
Yes they like full sun but they also also like full air with the usuall drink now tnd then.

o

Why would you want yellowing leaves?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here