Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In the Land of the Harsh and the Plush

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 0:44

Cactus Jordi (the grower and photographer extraordinaire - yeah, that guy) 'loaned' me this photo - I like to think it's a contemplative scene, but I'm also told to get rid of the icons for a better picture (advice also from CJ). Anyway, like I was saying somewhere else, wouldn't it be great to be an ant and enter the cactus spine / wool vortex (part of the space / time continuum, naturally)!

Cactus Jordi's Uebelmannia crebispina apex

DSC09809

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In the Land of the Harsh and the Plush

Sweet pic! (I do agree with CJ about the icons.) This strikes me as one of those pics that could have some educational uses -- and not just for a botany class. I could see this used in a class discussion dealing with photography, art, or even as story topic/subject in a creative writing/composition class.

o
RE: In the Land of the Harsh and the Plush

It is funny, I am in the reverse situation. I am living through a horrid drought, everything is a burnt grey or brown, and my screen saver is A reflection in a sunken grotto down the road.What is that song ol' Willie sings...CoooooL Water

DSC_0261_2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here