Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moon cactus blooming!

Posted by LA_Sunshine (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 2:02

I've had three of his friends for some time now, and I've never seen any of them bloom.

I found this guy today at Walmart.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moon cactus blooming!

Another picture...

o

One more...

o

And another one. Such a pretty pink flower!

o

Wow! Wow WOW!... I've never seen that either that's awesome! And thanks for sharing.

Greg

o

Just in time for the supermoon, huh? ;)

-Ming

o

Ming, maybe that's exactly why it's blooming?

Greg, I could not not post because only the crazy cactus lovers on this forum would appreciate how cool this little guy is :)

o

Look this is my green moon cactus flowering. I believe it's a moon cactus.

o

Olwas, yours seems to be a grafted Rebutia. The plant called Moon Cactus (shudder) is a Gymnocalycium.

o

oh wow! I was concidering buying a grafted non green cactus and after seeing that, am so going toget one! thank you!

o

I bought a Moon Cactus with buds also, but mine didn't flower as well as yours. One bud fell off and the other one never opened all the way. The flower was more white than pink and I never had a chance to get any kind of pic.

Your's is very cute, though!

o

Waw the flower is beautiful!!

I have a moon cactus with lots of flower buds on it, but these buds fall off before they bloom. I have placed the plant under a well lighted and well ventilated place, but the flowers still die before they bloom. Any idea why???
I have included a photo and circled the flower buds. The biggest flower bud dies and falls off in this state. It happened 3 times already :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here