Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Omg... You'll never guess what I just received WOW!!

Posted by hijole 9 Sunny California (aguilerag2@aol.com) on
Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 2:51

Ok, so today was an awesome day for me, let me explain what I mean, my wife works with some lady whose mom lives in a 5 bedroom home who was moving into a one bedroom Apt. Well she had 30 years of collecting cacti & succulents and all kinds of art & pottery and very nice plant stands, I'm serious alot of stuff.

Well her daughter has heard my wife talk about my cacti & succulent addiction and collection so she said, that's it that's who I'm giving all this stuff too because I know he'll appreciate it just as much as she did.

When I arrived at her house we shared our passion for C & S and then she said ok well heres mine and its all yours now I want you to have it if you'd like. IF I'D LIKE? Are you KIDDING ME??? Nope you can take it all..

So what did I say? 0MG... Your kidding... I thought at first I was going to see what she had to see if I wanted to buy some which I already figured, well maybe a few would be nice so then I asked, Ok, so how much are you asking for these beauties ?
And she says, No. you can have um.

Tomorrow I go back to pick up some more.. Plus all kinds of South Western art that is very expensive and she said you can have it all too.. I can't take it and I'd like you to have it.

Wow.. I am so grateful and I asked her, what can I do for you, she responded, You re going to take care of them that's all you can do for me and I know you will.

:) I am so happy my garden friends I will send you some pictures once I get all settled in.

Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Omg... You'll never guess what I just received WOW!!

Gosh Greg, what a score!!! Have to take extra special care of these :)

o

What a blessed gift Greg... for HER to know her beloved plants are going to a great home AND for YOU!

WTG..... hope they all find their forever homes with YOU!

o

What a wonderful gift. I'm always happy to give something away if I know someone will appreciate it as much as me. Lucky you!

o

WTG, Greg, now just make sure to pick your jaw up off the floor so you don't trip over it! :)

Looking forward to all the pictures!

Nancy

o

Cactus dances photo Cactus_dances.gif HIJOLE!! I mean...
WOW photo WOW.gif
You're right to do the Happy Dance! How wonderful!
happy dude photo Happy_dude.gif
We all know you'll take good care of them, Greg! Artwork too?!? Icing on the cake! I'm happy for you!! woohoo photo woohoo2.gif

o

So awesome!

o

Thanks everyone, and I really do appreciate the gifts too, Heres one of the plant hangers that goes up against a wall with 3 pot holders but I just love the design of the cacti.

Greg

o

Ok one more piece and then I'm on my way to pick up some more goodies :)

Greg

o

Ok, I'm on my way there heres one before I hit the road.

Greg

o

Greg!!! HIJOLE..... Caramba!!!! :) Ay AY Ay!!
i'm soooo excited for you!! that is awesome of her to give you everything!!! perfect person to give to!! Let me know if you run out of space!!! lol.....

Chuy

o

Omg. These are wonderful!
Great additions to your already great garden.
Over 10 years ago the family of one of my patients gave
me the cacti collection of their father. I still have them all.
An agave that was given has just now given a few pups.
Talk about a slow grower.
Believe it or not everyday when I look at them, I think of him...
he was a great man and simply adored his wife of 56 years.
Pert near brings a tear to my eyes.
Karen

o

cant wait for pics!!!!

o

Oh how lovely. They are obviously happy for the plants to go to a good home. Congrats on your new babies

o

A whole lot of Art work which many of the pictures have certificates and the pottery is so colorful and artistic, many cacti & succulents were picked up today also and a couple of nice bird baths.

Enjoyed reading all the nice comments about my catch and found them all very nice and some made me laugh. I will try to post some pictures once I unwind + it was a very Hot day outside for hijole :) but I enjoyed every minuete.

Greg

o

Hi Greg,

You lucky duck! I am so happy for you. I know the giver feels happy to have her plants in good hands too. Please keep those pictures coming!
Barb

o

HIJOLE!!!, Hijole! way to go.

o

Heres one of the nice plants I picked up, I think Kathy has one like this that gets full of pink flowers.

There are so many nice items I hope its ok to show them on here so I'm going to post some pics today.

Greg

o

Aww.. This is something I've always dreamed of adding to the garden, its a real head of a cow, the teeth are still attached but a little loose.

Greg

o

Yard decor, a Lonely Frog playing the Sax for the cacti & succulents.

o

Very happy for you Greg. Now sit back and enjoy.
Stush

o

WOW! Congrats! Remember to take care of these treasures... it's the hope of everyone who gives such gifts that they'll be cherished and looked after. :)

o

Now I just have to decide which plant goes on top.

Greg

o

Taking five "5" I'm at Laguna Beach" Ca.
Aww... It is way cooler here.

Greg

o

Hey Greg, Loved reading all the posts to you and enjoyed your pictures. I too live in zone 9 (Indio ) and I have the darnest time growing succulents, what is your secret???
Dottie

o

This heart is about 1 1/2 ft. high and is yard decor with a small space for one little pot, I'm really having a blast with all this stuff and I appreciate you all rejoicing with me.

.EEE, OMG... INDIO!... I'm sorry.. That is the desert you would need a lot of shade trees for your succulents to be happy. It gets way... To Hot! There. Cactus even struggle thee lol.. Except maybe some golden barrels & Sagarros. I'm just kidding a little bit but I think succulents might need a A/C out there at least during the afternoon.

Stush, right now that's exactly what I'm doing sitting down with a tall glass of "ICE TEA" man.. is it hot today.

Rosemarie, I've been doing the Happy dance almost every day since even just thinking about my little fortune.

Noteybook, yes indeed I am taking very good care of all these treasures.. And I keep thinking to my self, how is it that I ran into this treasure.. Wow I'm still excited!

wantonamara, Lol... Yes! Hijole, hijole is right!

Chuy, Simon que si.. Hijole! Cararamba wow Wow WOW!

PaulaZ, thanks and yes a home for E V E R... Lol..

LauraRobichhaud, thanks I am so grateful and will take extra good care of these babies.

Thanks Misselle, Extra, extra .. Care fo - sho.

Thanks Calmon, and thanks for responding to my blessing.

Nancy, Aww shoot! I trip & fallen but I'm sooo.. Excited I was able to get right up! Lol.. Thanks for your well wishes :)

And again I want to thank everyone, there is so much stuff in this treasure chest it took me 3 fullsize truck loads to haul it home. I am a little beat but the thought of it all keeps me going :)

Greg

o

You're KILLing me (softly), Greg! All these gorgeous treasures!! I'm drooling just as much as if they were succulents!! :D But that HEART...pushed me over the edge! (Just one of the things I collect, ya know?!)

So HAPPY for you to receive so many treasures! It may take a while to get them all sorted/planted, etc.~but we have faith in you accomplishing all. Thanks for sharing all the pix with us. Was FUN to see!

Oh, BTW, the big pot with the bee stake in it is Oscularia deltoides.

o

A nice big pot I'm not sure I think they used to cure olives in it, no drainage holes in it so that pot was just sitting on it.

Rosemarie, I love it, Killing me softly, I was trying to decide wether to paint it (the heart) a nice cherry red or watermelon shade any ideas?
And thanks for the name I was wondering what it was. Can it be propagated with cuttings, the lady told me yes but the branches didn't look like a succulent type, I sure hope so cuz I have plans for this baby if so. Thanks Again Rosemarie.

Greg

o

amazing gifts!!! "Laguna Beach!!!!!"... that's around the corner from me!!! nice!!!! happy for you :)

Chuy

o

Hi and congrats on your many gifts..I am enjoying all the pictures. thank you for sharing your great gifts with us all...I love that cactus wall hanger....linda

o

The big pot.

o

Congrats on acquiring all of those beautiful plants & planters.

It's obvious that you're thrilled to give these plants a new home and will cherish them. That no doubt is what prompted the previous owner to give them to you.

Thanks for posting all the photos, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them. :)

o

Lol.. Sorry everyone, I had the cows head upside down hahaha, this kind of stuff would normally upset the Bull. Glad nobody was upset about it.
I'm going to show you a close up of her chops (teeth)

Greg

o

Say Cheese..... :D

Greg

o

Ha ha ha! Nice smile! No one knew any different! We just got the dentist's view the 1st time around! :D

Glad to help supply names. That one in the other big pot is Sedum burrito & I believe, an Asparagus (I forget which one right now).

Fun stuff!

o

Holy Cannolli Greg,You made a major score,i'm going to have to go back and look again and again.Yes i do have that plant and it gets a pinkish/lavendar flower,i even have what looks like that same bee that's hanging above it,i had to re-paint mine a few years ago,and it needs it again.

I love everything i've seen,you are so lucky and blessed,and i'm sure the person that gave them all to you will rest easy,knowing they are in good hands.

Can't wait to see how you display them all and the pottery and other things.
kathi

o

Hi Greg,
How are you coming along with this collection,do you have it all sorted out and displayed the way you want it yet?? Just curious,as i didn't see an update.
Kathi

o

Hi Greg,
How are you coming along with this collection,do you have it all sorted out and displayed the way you want it yet?? Just curious,as i didn't see an update.
Kathi

o

Hi kathy, sorry for my delay in my response, I have been so over whelmed with excitement with all the stuff I've received I told my wife I don't know where to start or finish. She told me just start at one corner and go around the yard. Lol.. I am really excited tho I've gone to H/D to get soil,.perlite and now I can start filling pots and making more cacti & succulent projects :)

Kathy so this greyish colored plant, is it easily propagated by cuttings the and what are the watering trixs? & does it like full sun or bright light? And thank you for your experience too, its much appreciated.

Rosemarie, thanks again as always, your help with the plants names is invaluable.

This last picture is a nice wheel barrel pot carrier that also was part of the load, of can't wait to get all settled in there is just so many pots and other goodies I haven't even posted half of um.

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here