Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rblegend

Novice Succulent starter!

rblegend
10 years ago

Since I have moved to Texas, I love succulents. Does anyone knew where I can buy/share with private gardners? Or does anyone know where to buy succulents of the internet from gardens recommendations?
It is nice to be back on Garden Web, I used to trade/share iris/hostas! Back in NJ...but would love to chat with some people on hos to get started on succulents. I have a few plants. Lovely! I hope to be able to trade and share soon!
Rae Ann

Comments (12)

• laura1
    10 years ago

I got a lot of plants on the Florida gardening forum...you might try the Texas forum. In Florida we arrange swap meets...I don't know about TX since it is such a large area.
    Just an idea.
    One thing about swaps is even if you don't have anything to swap there are always people who are willing to give you things.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Yes, the San Antonio and the Austin swaps are a feeding frenzy. there is one in San Antonio on July 13th. they have an exchange section. also.

• 0nametaken0
    10 years ago

Any online sites or forums where people are selling and not trading?

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

They call them online plant Nurseries. I woke up in a smart @$$ mood this morning. It a monday.

• NeonCactus
    10 years ago

Sorry to hijack a bit here, but does every state have a swap or just some? I live in South Carolina but didn't see a specific forum for my state. I have tons of plants to trade if I could only find a group that meets and swaps lol.

• laura1
    10 years ago

just a note about swaps...they swap every type of plant. In TX there would more than likely be more succulents (I would think). Not so many succulents in FL swaps.

There are exchanges on most forums but you have to have something to trade.

Even though Wants post was in her Monday mood it is one way to get some good plants. Many people find nice plants at Lowes or Home Depot and you don't have to pay postage.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

I see that Gardening in the Carolinas has and exchange forum, Carolina Garden Exchange. It is listed under and to the right to "messages" and right of "On-Topic Discussions" in blue along with "conversations. You might also check Southern gardening, and Southern Coastal Gardening and see if they have exchanges..Look to the top of this form and you eill see how it is listed.

It took me a while to cop to it also.

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

I thought swaps were nationwide.

As a NYer, I've personally swapped w/ GW pals in CA (No. & So.), NE, WV, PA & GA over the yrs. that I can recall off the top of my head.

I'd imagine Canada has its own Exchange Forum.

• NeonCactus
    10 years ago

Thanks wantonamara, I see those now. Doesn't appear to be a whole lot going on in them, but I'll keep checking back :)

• snowdogmama
    10 years ago

Facebook has a lot of garden groups. Some of them are dedicated to trades.

• laura1
    10 years ago

PG-we actually meet in person to swap. we meet our on-line buddies have lunch and SWAP/TRADE. Everyone brings tons of stuff that they don't want to take home! Folks are more than happy to share (enable) those who are just starting.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Neon Cactus, Also check georgia. They appear to be a bit more active.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm