Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How about some plants!!

Posted by Beachplants Z11 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 4:14

Been neglecting my plants, but thought its time to share some!
Trichodiadema densum
Trichodiadema densum2
Trichodiadema densum

Cono ficiforme
Cono ficiforme

Cono ectypum ssp brownii
Cono ectypum ssp brownii

Cono ectypum ssp ectypum
Cono ectypum ssp ectypum

Cono uviforme ssp subincanum
Cono uviforme ssp subincanum

Enjoy the little spread! Nice to be Back! LOL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How about some plants!!

Rian, the flowers are just wonderful and the patterns on the cono's remind me of some Haws... just great! TFS

o

Wow! Conos!

Yet another plant that's new to me, and for me to covet!

Beautiful, Rian!

Lee

o

A little neglect never looked so good! Welcome back, big daddy!

o

Swoon. I love those conos. Wowsa. Just perfect little green jewels. Am bound and determined to try them from seed this year. Thank you so much for sharing your collection with us.

o

Thanks Doc, yes they do, same way of letting the light shine in I guess.

Thanks Lee, you are about to stumble a world of wonder, hope you have a good budget...hehe!

Hehe, I lost many babies, but the bigger/older plants can handle it better. Thanks

Reggie, the last C. uviforme is from seed. I have about 20 or more species, if you want to see more let me know. They are fun and less of an issue to me than Lithops, much more defined in their needs.

o

Wow...those are beautiful.
Marie

o

The top one with the purple flowers, what is it and where can I get one?

o

Thanks Marie!
Ica, name above pictures, Trichodiadema densum, lovely little plants.

o

Beachplants,
Your T. densum flowers look identical to the wild asters that cover the countryside here in zone 4, 5 rural Ontario in Sept./Oct. Beautiful, will have to take a trip to my local cactus haunt and see if they have any. Hopefully it will not be too adverse to my offerings.

o

Good luck, hope you can get them and keep them growing in the brrrrr time. LOL! They have pretty woody sometimes caudex roots, so if you can keep it away from snow/dark winter as you would, you may have a shot.

o

Very nice!

o

Love them all.TFS
kathi

o

Thanks!

o

Ryan,

So T. densum stays mat-like? Unlike its bulbous cousin T. bulbosum? I never grew it in San Diego, but it certainly would be a Mesemb even I could grow....and Conos busting out of dormancy, their papery skins fluttering in the wind. TFS, Big Daddy.

o

Got to love them, Jeff

o

Do you have any Conophytum ursprungianum or C. obcordellums to show off? Just love 'em.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here