Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendations plz for indoor bowl

Posted by Oxboy555 Las Vegas (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 4:36

Got a 14" diameter terracotta bowl. Using Gritty mix. Bowl will be in bright indirect light indoors.

Please recommend some hardy, commonly available non-cactus succulents to fill the bowl. Prefer the compact, well-behaved growers I think.

Add'l Question: how do you bareroot (in preparation for Gritty) without totally decimating the rootball on a small 4" plant?

Thanks all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendations plz for indoor bowl

Oxboy, boy that's an unusual handle lol,, I'm sure theres an interesting story behind that name you selected that you can share some time.

My recommendation is, get another bowl and rotate them outside off & on. If not possible try to take him out side often, they'll benefit from the fresh air and bright light.

On the other hand a nice plant that does well inside are Sanseverias, the long tall ones, they do good inside & out doors and I hear they provide oxygen indoors.

Hope that helped,

Greg

o

I use a gentle hose and squirt the dirt off and then let the roots dry AND callous incase the roots got ruined in the process.

o

Oxboy,

Haworthia, haworthia and more haworthia. Maybe some haworthia.

Pagan

o

I swear I wrote "BRUISED" not "ruined"! sheesh !!! I would not tell you to do something that ruined your roots

o

Ruin my roots? That's earned grey, sister.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here