Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
averil_gw

Propagating pachypodium

averil
10 years ago

Hi folks, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I bought 5 pachypodium seeds, planted them in coir nests and after 2 weeks....nothing. I sent off for another 2 lots from plumeria2uk, densiflora and baronii. 2 weeks on nothing. I have used this method with adenium with a brilliant success rate. They are in a plastic box on a heat mat. The first seeds were rather dark brown whereas these are a more light caramel coloured and looked fresher. Before I send off for more is there something I'm not doing right? Or am I just impatient
Many thanks for any advice
Kind regards
Averil Uk

Comments (4)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

Averil,

I don't know much about seedery, but I wonder if now is the time to be starting them, even in the UK. I don't think much is being planted over here across the Pond until fall, even in similar latitudes as yours.

• averil
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks cactus, you could be right. I was planting adenium throughout the year last year and they germinated in days. I shall hang off a bit then and try later in the year. Many thanks for replying
    Kind regards
    Averil UK

• cwcervantes
    10 years ago

I've never had any luck with pachypodium seeds. They seemed to rot very quickly even with high temps.

• averil
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tks cwcervantes, I may have to look for a plant instead