Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerpottipper

Need help re-rooting Alluaudia procera

flowerpottipper
9 years ago

Hello everyone.

I have another question I hope someone can help me with. Around the first of July I bought pot of Alluaudia proceras from Home Depot that came in terrible soil. I haven't watered them at all because I wanted to repot them in a faster draining soil-mix first, but when I went to pull them out of the old soil a few days ago (which really hurt and lost a lot of blood doing it LOL) I noticed they where all mushy on the bottoms. One of them I know is a complete goner but the rest I just cut til there was green healthy tissue and sprinkled cinnamon on them. They've been sitting out for four days waiting for the cuts to heal over, but now I have no idea how to re-root them. There is six of them about 8-10 inches long (after cutting off several inches from the rot).

How would you guys recommend I go about rooting them? What should I use for the soil? Would rooting hormone help? What kind of light? How and when to water? What size of pots? How deep to bury them?

I really want to save these guys, I really love them! I live in zone 6 so I can't have them outdoors all year.

Thank you so much! If a pic would help, let me know. And are these winter or summer growers?

-Carmen

Comment (1)