Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huntington C/S Show Purchases (very picture heavy)

Posted by Microthrix Southern California (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 8:35

so this was the second cactus/succulent show ive been to ... and i was amazed! there was so many things i wanted! i still got alot of things though , and i spent considerably more than both my sisters combined o_o :P they also had a large crested pachypodium for 300 or 400 dollars that i wanted ... the purchases from this also made the amount of cacti i own just barely bust the 1000 number :D *celebration* ... (sorry i dont have names for alot of them)(caption is above pic , number is either above or on side of pic) (dont know why)
Sulcorebutia and crested austrocylindropuntia
1 Photobucket
here is a Trichocereus bridgesii forma mostruosa ... im afraid its nickname is not allowed here !LOL
2 Photobucket
rebutia heliosa var. condorensis
3 Photobucket
i think i remember the tag saying stenocactus benekei
4 Photobucket
parodia scopa and haageocereus
5 Photobucket
frailea, echinopsis `haku jo` and an agave in a cute green pot
6 Photobucket
a very large gymnocalycium ... i think im in love wih it !
7 Photobucket
a big bunch of astrophytum myriostigma ... cute!!!!
8 Photobucket
three various haworthia
9 Photobucket
the tag said neoporteria for the very spiny one ... is it ? looks like a turbinocarpus ... and a very fuzzy mammillaria
10 Photobucket
forgot the name of the opuntia-ish one , a stenocactus, and a copper kalanchoe
11 Photobucket
two asclepiads (my sister is obsessed with them)
more asclepiads and a hoya
13 Photobucket
MORE asclepiads
two kalanchoe and a MYSTERY !!!!
15 Photobucket
mystery euphorbia!
16 Photobucket
Euphorbia hybrid (any ideas?) and the same mammillaria ....(long story)
17 Photobucket
Cintia knizei ! oh how i realllyyyy wanted one of these!
18 Photobucket
Epithelantha micromers and cereus monstrose
19 Photobucket
Melocactus matanzanus ! ahh im in love !!! (dont tell gymno)
20 Photobucket
Cipocereus ... the guy said these have large blue fruit ... is that true ? how does it taste?
21 Photobucket
ust a random thing but my aztekium ritteri came in the mail today from germany !here he is with his A. hintonii freind:)
22 Photobucket
Various lithops...
23 Photobucket
A euphorbia, rebutia , and a euphorbia leucodendron
24 Photobucket
lots of pachypodium and dorstenia (gigas !!!!!!!)
25 Photobucket
haworthia truncata, haworthia truncata hybrid and mystery huernia (has flower so ID. not so far away !)
26 Photobucket
big gymnocalycium CLUMP ... awwwwww
27 Photobucket
sulcorebutia mentosa, euphorbia something (tag outside in dark) and neoporteria occulta !!!! and an occulta hybrid
27 Photobucket
if you went to this show , show me what you got ! i hope someone got the crested pachypodium !
im sitting with some of them as i watch tv and type this right now :P im so happy !
-Zechariah :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huntington C/S Show Purchases (very picture heavy)

Microthrix,

You got some really beautiful plants, no wonder you're happy. They look like they're going to be very happy with you too.

o

Microthrix,
Thank you so much for showing us all those pictures. You did a really great job there. I feel like almost being there. Thanks again. Do get get to meet anyone there? I will same this and watch over and over again.
Stush

o

That's a great haul! Those certainly are interesting plants and some I've never seen before. I think my favorite is the neoporteria. I've often wondered if it feels soft or harsh. And I like that echinopsis `haku jo.` Those spikes look deadly, but I love the colors it has.

(Oh, I think we know all the nicknames and have had fun with them on occasion making up some of our own...)

Penny

o

No, i didnt get to meet anyone :( ... the echinopsis 'haku jo' actually has very thin wiglly spines so they arent that painfull ... i thought that when i touched it i would die :P

o

What a HAUL, Zeck! Where on earth do you keep your 1000+ collection? Looks like lots of treasures!! =)

The Euphorbia hybrid may or may not be E. 'Sunrise'. When it grows a bit more, maybe you can tell.

o

I will second Rosemarie's emotion! WOW! A very happy birthday to you, Zeck!

I think your mystery plant in #15 with the Kalanchoes is Plectranthus amboinicus 'Cuban Oregano'. Does it smell like Pine Sol? I have 2 varieties, a large leaf and a smaller leaf. Yours looks like the larger.

o

I keep my 1000+ in about a third of my yard ... they are all pretty much small plants right now ... growing larger everyday ... i dont know if im gonna have enough room for themm all some day! One cereus i have grew like a foot already this year :P (multiple offsets)

I like the WOW it gave me a good laugh :D !

I really like the euphorbia ... because it is a sunrise can it take less sun? What is a sunrise exactly?

Thanks for the birthday hanzrobo, your too kind! If it does smell like pine sol (im going right now ) i will have it next to me always and i will be smelling it, always (i looovveeee the smell of pine sol)

o

Wow. You haveso many beautiful plants! The sale was great wasn't it? If I only had unlimited cash! Lol. My boyfriend unfortunately doesn't give me an unlimited plant allowance :) He thinks I have too many plants in our small apartment yard.

I love your plant that looks like a obesa but is clumping. Its so cute. Ive really startedto like the obesa and obesa look a likes. Love the spereical shape.

o

The Neoporteria is indeed a Neoporteria senilis or -nowadays- Eriosyce senilis!

BTW there is no Turbinocarpus. The correct spelling is Turbinicarpus. Tell this Jeff Harris too, please!

Jordi

o

So what are you going to do when you run out of room?

o

I dont want to Talk about it ... someday ....im going to have to ... STOP COLLECTING... *sobs in corner* ... no, ill just have to find other places to stuff them, sell some, give some away .... i kinda want to give a nice sized one to someone on here ... maybe you cause your one of my favorites :D

o

I need to get some shelving for my plants. I'm running out of room already in my tiny yard. I mostly have to have hanging baskets of plants. I wish I had a nice house with a big yard. Maybe someday! :)

o

Thats what i want too! A little house, just down to the basics, with a beautiful yard filled with cacti and cycads and maybe some tropicals ... ahhh, i cant wait ...

o

So jealous of everyone who gets to go to shows like this. I suppose it's a good thing, however. I'm a noob to c/s who would get overly excited, spend all my money, and then end up killing a ton of these beauties due to inexperience, and inevitably cry like a baby. ;)

So. Beautiful. Thanks for the pictures, they are stunning!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here