Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
microthrix

Huntington C/S Show Purchases (very picture heavy)

Microthrix
11 years ago

so this was the second cactus/succulent show ive been to ... and i was amazed! there was so many things i wanted! i still got alot of things though , and i spent considerably more than both my sisters combined o_o :P they also had a large crested pachypodium for 300 or 400 dollars that i wanted ... the purchases from this also made the amount of cacti i own just barely bust the 1000 number :D *celebration* ... (sorry i dont have names for alot of them)(caption is above pic , number is either above or on side of pic) (dont know why)

Sulcorebutia and crested austrocylindropuntia

1 {{gwi:581642}}

here is a Trichocereus bridgesii forma mostruosa ... im afraid its nickname is not allowed here !LOL

2 {{gwi:581643}}

rebutia heliosa var. condorensis

3 {{gwi:581645}}

i think i remember the tag saying stenocactus benekei

4 {{gwi:581646}}

parodia scopa and haageocereus

5 {{gwi:581647}}

frailea, echinopsis `haku jo` and an agave in a cute green pot

6 {{gwi:581648}}

a very large gymnocalycium ... i think im in love wih it !

7 {{gwi:581649}}

a big bunch of astrophytum myriostigma ... cute!!!!

8 {{gwi:581650}}

three various haworthia

9 {{gwi:581651}}

the tag said neoporteria for the very spiny one ... is it ? looks like a turbinocarpus ... and a very fuzzy mammillaria

10 {{gwi:581652}}

forgot the name of the opuntia-ish one , a stenocactus, and a copper kalanchoe

11 {{gwi:581653}}

two asclepiads (my sister is obsessed with them)

12 {{gwi:581654}}

more asclepiads and a hoya

13 {{gwi:581655}}

MORE asclepiads

14 {{gwi:581654}}

two kalanchoe and a MYSTERY !!!!

15 {{gwi:581656}}

mystery euphorbia!

16 {{gwi:581657}}

Euphorbia hybrid (any ideas?) and the same mammillaria ....(long story)

17 {{gwi:581658}}

Cintia knizei ! oh how i realllyyyy wanted one of these!

18 {{gwi:581660}}

Epithelantha micromers and cereus monstrose

19 {{gwi:581661}}

Melocactus matanzanus ! ahh im in love !!! (dont tell gymno)

20 {{gwi:581662}}

Cipocereus ... the guy said these have large blue fruit ... is that true ? how does it taste?

21 {{gwi:581663}}

ust a random thing but my aztekium ritteri came in the mail today from germany !here he is with his A. hintonii freind:)

22 {{gwi:581664}}

Various lithops...

23 {{gwi:581665}}

A euphorbia, rebutia , and a euphorbia leucodendron

24 {{gwi:581666}}

lots of pachypodium and dorstenia (gigas !!!!!!!)

25 {{gwi:581668}}

haworthia truncata, haworthia truncata hybrid and mystery huernia (has flower so ID. not so far away !)

26 {{gwi:581669}}

big gymnocalycium CLUMP ... awwwwww

27 {{gwi:581670}}

sulcorebutia mentosa, euphorbia something (tag outside in dark) and neoporteria occulta !!!! and an occulta hybrid

27 {{gwi:581671}}

if you went to this show , show me what you got ! i hope someone got the crested pachypodium !

im sitting with some of them as i watch tv and type this right now :P im so happy !

-Zechariah :D

Comments (14)

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Microthrix,

You got some really beautiful plants, no wonder you're happy. They look like they're going to be very happy with you too.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

Microthrix,
    Thank you so much for showing us all those pictures. You did a really great job there. I feel like almost being there. Thanks again. Do get get to meet anyone there? I will same this and watch over and over again.
    Stush

• pennyhal
    11 years ago

That's a great haul! Those certainly are interesting plants and some I've never seen before. I think my favorite is the neoporteria. I've often wondered if it feels soft or harsh. And I like that echinopsis `haku jo.` Those spikes look deadly, but I love the colors it has.

(Oh, I think we know all the nicknames and have had fun with them on occasion making up some of our own...)

Penny

• Microthrix
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No, i didnt get to meet anyone :( ... the echinopsis 'haku jo' actually has very thin wiglly spines so they arent that painfull ... i thought that when i touched it i would die :P

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

What a HAUL, Zeck! Where on earth do you keep your 1000+ collection? Looks like lots of treasures!! =)

The Euphorbia hybrid may or may not be E. 'Sunrise'. When it grows a bit more, maybe you can tell.

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

I will second Rosemarie's emotion! WOW! A very happy birthday to you, Zeck!

I think your mystery plant in #15 with the Kalanchoes is Plectranthus amboinicus 'Cuban Oregano'. Does it smell like Pine Sol? I have 2 varieties, a large leaf and a smaller leaf. Yours looks like the larger.

• Microthrix
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I keep my 1000+ in about a third of my yard ... they are all pretty much small plants right now ... growing larger everyday ... i dont know if im gonna have enough room for themm all some day! One cereus i have grew like a foot already this year :P (multiple offsets)

I like the WOW it gave me a good laugh :D !

I really like the euphorbia ... because it is a sunrise can it take less sun? What is a sunrise exactly?

Thanks for the birthday hanzrobo, your too kind! If it does smell like pine sol (im going right now ) i will have it next to me always and i will be smelling it, always (i looovveeee the smell of pine sol)

• Moosetrackz
    11 years ago

Wow. You haveso many beautiful plants! The sale was great wasn't it? If I only had unlimited cash! Lol. My boyfriend unfortunately doesn't give me an unlimited plant allowance :) He thinks I have too many plants in our small apartment yard.

I love your plant that looks like a obesa but is clumping. Its so cute. Ive really startedto like the obesa and obesa look a likes. Love the spereical shape.

• cactusjordi
    11 years ago

The Neoporteria is indeed a Neoporteria senilis or -nowadays- Eriosyce senilis!

BTW there is no Turbinocarpus. The correct spelling is Turbinicarpus. Tell this Jeff Harris too, please!

Jordi

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

So what are you going to do when you run out of room?

• Microthrix
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I dont want to Talk about it ... someday ....im going to have to ... STOP COLLECTING... *sobs in corner* ... no, ill just have to find other places to stuff them, sell some, give some away .... i kinda want to give a nice sized one to someone on here ... maybe you cause your one of my favorites :D

• Moosetrackz
    11 years ago

I need to get some shelving for my plants. I'm running out of room already in my tiny yard. I mostly have to have hanging baskets of plants. I wish I had a nice house with a big yard. Maybe someday! :)

• Microthrix
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thats what i want too! A little house, just down to the basics, with a beautiful yard filled with cacti and cycads and maybe some tropicals ... ahhh, i cant wait ...

• L
    11 years ago

So jealous of everyone who gets to go to shows like this. I suppose it's a good thing, however. I'm a noob to c/s who would get overly excited, spend all my money, and then end up killing a ton of these beauties due to inexperience, and inevitably cry like a baby. ;)

So. Beautiful. Thanks for the pictures, they are stunning!