Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cool cactus!

Posted by denise 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 10:31

Hello gang! I haven't been back on since our local C&S show and sale, but I had to pop in and show you what I think is just about the coolest cactus I have ever seen. It won the best cactus award - it's some kind of Airocarpus. It is beynd cool or WHAT?!

Denise in Omaha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cool cactus!

Astrophytum caput-medusae! A very neat and collectible plant. If this one is grafted it's done very nicely so i can't really see in the picture. If not, double kudos! Great share,

-Ming

o

Cool indeed! Looks like there are a couple of buds, too.

o

Wouldn't it have been fun to be a fly on the Creator's shoulder when this idea came up!

o

Weird,but so cool.
Kathi

o

Still trying to figure it out!! Lol. Very cool!!

Chuy

o

I like the name Digitostigma better! :/
A forum member (another forum), Manuel Nevarez (& Carlos Velazco) discovered it in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. It doesn't look grafted to me, Ming (but, I suppose it could be-below the surface?).
Jordi has some of these-I got to see them in person! :D

o

I remember jordi posting his digi pics (I think he was still using digitostigma, too) awhile ago--so droolworthy! It seems daunting to grow. One day I'll have the time to do some socal plant exploration and I'm totally hitting you up as a tour guide ;)

-Ming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here