Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a Saguaro and how do i fix it?

Posted by s9601694 CO (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 11:08

I bought a Saguaro online and received a very crooked one. so my questions to the experts are:

1 - IS this even a saguaro (looks like one to me)
2 - is it possible to get it straight? if so, how do i do that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a Saguaro and how do i fix it?

I had a very crooked cactus, i just put it in full sun and it straightened itself out ... looks like a saguaro to me, but there is the small chance that it is a pachycereus pringlei, which is nearly identical to saguaro

o

I think it's rather a Pachycereus pringlei. Your plant is too slender for a saguaro that size and it also seems that the annual growth is more one can expect from a Saguaro.

Jordi

o

How about some Miracle grow? or some type of enhancements?

It wont let me say the "V" word so you get it right Hahaha...

Greg

o

Ohh my, hijole ... so many hiden jokes ... gotta use something to get it up o_o

o

Hey I just thought it was funny micro, I see this kinda stuff advertized on regular TV all... the time.

Hope no one gets offended by this SNL type of joke.

Greg

o

I think its funny too! So many jokes into one simple thing :P

o

I don't get offended about that stuff lol. Im just kind of pissed that I was ripped off!!

I'm still looking for a 2 to 3 ft saguaro. Do you guys know anyone who sells them?

Thanks!

o

A 2-3 foot saguaro sounds like a butt load of money... they are very slow growing, one i bought in january barely grew like a centimeter o_o

o

s9601694,

Ask the Tucson Cactus & Succulent Society. They usually sell rescued Saguaros for a very fair price.

www.tucsoncactus.org

Jordi

o

I like what they are doing :D those are pretty cheap if you ask me ... do you have to go to their sales to buy something or can you mail order? (Probably have to go to sales ...)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here