Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Epiphyllum bloom

Posted by gardenbear1 5a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 11:13

After 4 years my Epiphyllum Grace Ann is starting to bloom only one flower now but with lots more buds on her , it was worth the wait and I want more blooms

Bear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epiphyllum bloom

Wow Bear, that's just spectacular, congratulations!

o

Simply gorgeous!

I hope mine blooms next year! But they are really worth the wait I think. Someone came to my door asking about mine. I don't even know how she saw it. She was so excited until I told her I got it in San Diego (hundreds of miles away). I gave her a cutting and a few web sites and she went away happy.

If it disappears I'll know where it went ;-)

o

Some people can smell epie miles away, I have a 6ft fence around my yard but some how people know I have epie growing, I enjoy talking about my plants and have been known to give away cuttings if I think they will really take care of them

Bear

o

• Posted by patann Z5 AnnArborMI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 23:56

Please tell me what soil or medium you have your Epies growing in.
Pat

o

The color on that one is outstanding! I lost a lot of mine in the hurricane, we set them on the ground so they wouldn't blow away, then got 4' of salt water for 2 days. I'm slowly rebuilding my collection.

Thanks for the pic!
Tally HO!

o

Pat, I've been using Fafard potting soil for little over 6 years and have really good luck with it, its got bits of bark in it that makes it drain well and my plants don't dry out as fast, I use the reg. potting mix they put out for all my plants,its all most a compost looking mix, there a link on the site to find out who sells in your area

Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: Fafard

o

• Posted by patann Z5 AnnArborMI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 26, 10 at 11:27

Bless, Bear.
Pat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here