Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wet sunrise on my Succulents

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 11:31

I woke up after an inch of rain last night and was rewarded with diamonds hanging on every leaf and every needle. My day is complete and I still have not had my coffee or gotten out of my bathrobe and nightie.

Stapeliad bud

Here's looking at you #2

Crassula

DSC_0115

DSC_0120

DSC_0127

DSC_0121

DSC_0130

DSC_0132

DSC_0133Echeveria van nurnberg

Stone walk after rain

DSC_0144

DSC_0147

DSC_0150

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wet sunrise on my Succulents

Gorgeous! Thanks for the art show! Your place looks very peaceful.

o

EXCELLENT shots, Mara! Thanks for sharing your morning view with us! =) Nice way to wake up!

o

Beautiful photos Mara. Your garden looks lovely.

o

Beautiful...what a way to start the day :-)

o

Yay! So beautiful! I hope the stapleia flower is going to be gorgeous! Lucky you, you got rain ... all i got was humidity and sadness, while palm spring and mt. San jacinto got rain, thunder and lightning ... i sat outside watching the hints of lightning in the mountains at midnight wishing it was here ... we didnt even get rain so i didnt get to wake up to water covered succulents ( ._.)

o

Yay! So beautiful! I hope the stapleia flower is going to be gorgeous! Lucky you, you got rain ... all i got was humidity and sadness, while palm spring and mt. San jacinto got rain, thunder and lightning ... i sat outside watching the hints of lightning in the mountains at midnight wishing it was here ... we didnt even get rain so i didnt get to wake up to water covered succulents ( ._.)

o

Yes as soon as the sun popped out,and dried up the dew , it popped out too. We had a night of several storms with lightening all around us but stars above and then rain and then stars and lightening. Today has been sunshine lightening and constant rumbling a cloudburdt and then sunshine and then a repeat. What a diference a year makes. We run out of water last year and were in the midst of 70 days above 100 and 5" of rain in 12 months. Our high was 89F not 105F.I have been working in my shop with all my doors open listening to all the deep rumblings, loving it.

here is a picture of the stapeliad and it played off the aloe's form just as I planned. They are such cool flowers.

Openened Stapeliad and Aloe hemmengii

DSC_0113

o

Very pretty! Hope you enjoy the smell! I had a little scitula bloom today! Its so cute and tiny ! My gigantea is yet to bloom

o

It was outdoors and I do not find the smell too bad. The smell of the Hoodia is MUCH more redolent. I got my husband to get on his knees to smell it. I am so mean. He looked at the Stapeliad and the flies circling and asked me if he had to smell this one too.

o

Some lovely pix there. Love the little aloe(?) next to the Stap. blossum.

o

That is a Aloe hemmengii

o

The moisture was nice, but, the play of it and the morning light was really beautiful.

Nice captures!

Thanks for sharing.

o

Thank you RC. I haven't seen you around the TX gallery form lately. I do miss your shots. Have you been traveling??

o

wantonamara, those photos are the first time I've enjoyed rain for a long time - we've had too much of it this year. In the picture of the round tub, right in front of the glass table (I think it's a table) I am wondering what is the tall cactus with the white streaks. It's the picture right before the garden landscape one, and just after the aloes.

o

That is Opuntia monocantha variegata also known as Joseph's Coat. As you see, I am from Texas and rain is SO appreciated after last year. I thought we were slipping back into extreme drought before this round came through. My rain tanks are full. We are still in drought just not extreme drought.

o

Opuntia monocantha variegata monstrose*

o

Beautiful photos! What a way to start the day!

o

Thanks very much for the name. My son just got a little plant of that. I can see it gets a lot bigger.

o

Really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here